1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VPN section - Done

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions.' started by dangerous, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

VPN's are now becoming more popular and questions get asked about different VPN providers and performance etc.
    I would like to share my VPN's experience as I think others would gain a valuable insight.
    I would also be interested in hearing what others have to say about the different methods of using a VPN and the different routers you can use.
    Broadband download speed is a major factor when using a VPN.
    Maybe a section called VPN's would be good start?

2. Great idea not knowing much about vpn will help me thanks

dangerous likes this.
  3. wullboy

wullboy TK Veteran

Agree m8....were all newcomers to this VPN game...[ AND I TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT...lol]

bazcfc1 and dangerous like this.
  4. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

I only noticed after posting that you previously posted about a VPN section.
    Hopefully it's considered

5. teddybloat

teddybloat Member

very good idea.

atm there are questions scattered across the boards, be good to have threads together

6. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Agree with the concept but you'll still get people posting in general satellite asking about VPNs.

steptoe and Darkavenger89 like this.
  8. apaoligies but just tryin to use to this forum, sorry but find it complicated at the moment, prob isnt, but my question is im with a iptv seller and he says its up to me to sort vpn out so i dont lose football which is the whole point for me, but back in the day i knew/thought servers need vpns or at least dchp were as hes says users responsibily to get own vpn, ie ipvanish, right or wrong guys? dunno

9. pupuqiop

pupuqiop Member Forum Supporter

Most IPTV sellers seem to have it sorted at their end now so their customers don't need a VPN. Unless you're tied in to a long sub with them it might make more sense to move providers now.

davegreenhalgh likes this.
  10. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

people ask cable questions in the satellite section FFS :mad:

Janso likes this.
  11. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

Are you all aware of this Forum here.

Or where would you like a topic like this as VPN is a more suited where it is imo.

12. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

I think the words "VPN " that people are looking for.
    How about adding the word "VPN " at the end of Web & networking
    And possibly adding a sub category once your in Web & networking.

Network help (including VPN's)

I think some folk are not entirely sure what a VPN is or what category it belongs too. Admittedly questions will get asked all over the forum like IPTV at the moment, but if the words VPN are added somewhere relevant to networking then surely searches would point to one section.

bazcfc1 and steptoe like this.
  13. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

A VPN section would be great but Tbh I don't think it matters where sections are we have dedicated sections on forum but people arnt willing to look or search so would it really make a difference if in the networking section as threads get posted constantly in wrong sections

14. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

It's only a suggestion.
    If there was a VPN section then at least all questions, threads etc can have a home or be moved.
    I currently use my phone to access Techkings and if I search VPN nothing comes up.
    Newbies will always ask questions and post in the wrong section but at least there is always a section for them to be moved too.
    Currently anything to do with VPN's is hard to locate or maybe it's just me ;-)

HiTeck and bazcfc1 like this.
  15. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

This persuaded me. I have added VPN to the title. It is already showing for me on Tapatalk but give it time if it's not showing for you.

ttk.jpg

Not yet, maybe if it gets busier...

wilsock, bangord30 and dangerous like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.