vpn shuts down iptv streams

Bombie

Hi all, I have just upgraded to latest build and installed the vpn plugin. Went through it very easily, username, password etc. Problem is that when I switch the vpn on, it shuts my iptv down. Turn it off and the stream reappears instantly. My ip address changes to whichever server I select, my download speed drops and the vpn icon shows green. So it seems it is working but why do my streams stop? My iptv provider says a vpn will not affect his streams. I have tried several countries and servers, the result is the same. I am on ipvanish and a zgemma h2s. I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The vpn is throttling your iptv connection and i would most likely say you have bought from a reseller who does not know the ins and outs about vpn setups on iptv,If its from the request section on here then all most certain is a reseller

He is likely reselling for a company that do not allow VPN connections.

A few IPTV companies aren't allowing VPN connections by default and are asking users to request permission to use a VPN

Ok, thanks teddybloat, moshibeth and studio 5. I would be very surprised if he is a reseller. Been with him for a few years and, without going into it too much, he was a reseller but went on his own a while back with a completely new company. So I would say no, he isn't a reseller. I had to tell him I had a vpn with the previous company but this one, no. This vpn works well with my kodi using the plugin from my iptv provider. Ipvanish I can safely assume does work with zgem and woosh or it wouldn't be on the list of providers in the plugin. I can also say with almost certainty that it is not my iptv provider. I have emailed ipvanish to see if they can shed any light but surely this should be working ok. My zgem is no different from anyone elses and my vpn account is no different from the ipvanish account that they presumably used to test this.

Get a test off another provider and see if it clears with the vpn on,If it does then its your provider is the fault,If not then its ip vanish or your router settings

Get a test off another provider and see if it clears with the vpn on,If it does then its your provider is the fault,If not then its ip vanish or your router settings
Yes, that's a good idea. I will try another vpn to start with and go from there. Thanks.

since ive put the new woosh v7 on i can not open itv or bbc players on iptv does anyone have any idea's
cheers guys
wigan13

since ive put the new woosh v7 on i can not open itv or bbc players on iptv does anyone have any idea's
cheers guys
wigan13

If using a none UK vpn then that's probably why as it thinks you are not in the UK. Try a UK server then try BBC IPlayer or itv playing

Hi all, I have just upgraded to latest build and installed the vpn plugin. Went through it very easily, username, password etc. Problem is that when I switch the vpn on, it shuts my iptv down. Turn it off and the stream reappears instantly. My ip address changes to whichever server I select, my download speed drops and the vpn icon shows green. So it seems it is working but why do my streams stop? My iptv provider says a vpn will not affect his streams. I have tried several countries and servers, the result is the same. I am on ipvanish and a zgemma h2s. I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

When VPN is on try a network test. I had similar issues but mine wouldn't connect to internet. I'm using VM Hub 3 and had to turn dhpc to no then set to Google dns.

If it's anything like my setup (zgemma i55 & openvpn) with non-multiroom connection, I need to re-boot my box once VPN is enabled on the fly so it can connect to the server with the new (VPN) IP address... failing to do this just freezes the IPTV as the server is only enabling the IP originally connected until freshly reconnected... if that makes sense.

When VPN is on try a network test. I had similar issues but mine wouldn't connect to internet. I'm using VM Hub 3 and had to turn dhpc to no then set to Google dns.
Hi dsayers, Yeah, i did do quite a few tests. Although i lose my stream when vpn is on i am still getting 10mps or so. But i have finally found a way round it. I have to install the vpn first then my iptv for it to work. If i try and change servers on the vpn then it messes up again. If i leave it well alone then it does work. Cheers, mate.

If it's anything like my setup (zgemma i55 & openvpn) with non-multiroom connection, I need to re-boot my box once VPN is enabled on the fly so it can connect to the server with the new (VPN) IP address... failing to do this just freezes the IPTV as the server is only enabling the IP originally connected until freshly reconnected... if that makes sense.
Hi Biker Bandit, thanks for that. Wish i had seen your comment earlier cos after a lot of messing i have come to the same conclusion. I have to install vpn first then my iptv as the reason seems to be what you have said. Your comment does make sense as if i try to change server on my vpn, it messes up again. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bikerbandit,what do you mean "on the fly"? Does it mean,when zgemma is on/run openvpn/switch off box/restart again? TIA.

Back