VPN

As my previous post states there is no configuration to do with the VPN I use it is pre-configured. This is the reason I purchased it. No messing about with sly hub or the VPN it just works.

Just mentioning it mate incase someone wants to setup there own. Piece of p*ss to do it yourself anyway.

As my previous post states there is no configuration to do with the VPN I use it is pre-configured. This is the reason I purchased it. No messing about with sly hub or the VPN it just works.
I connected my router as you said and it works well , I also disabled the wifi on sly hub. Setting up the vpn is a different matter and I think it will be left as a range extender . Waaaaay to complicated for my tired grey matter:(:(:(

Hi

I'm quite interested in going down this route but have a little bit of concern about it slowing down my connection speeds. Just wondering if I could use it just between my existing router and my Zgemma box so it's not interfering with anything else.

I use home plugs so in theory it would be:

BT Homehub
Homeplug
Homeplug
VPN Router
Zgemma h.2.s

Does this sound like it would work? I'm only really trying to get over the issue of IPTV being down during the football.

That's unless anyone has any other suggestions on VPN options for the H2S running iPab.tv

Hi

I'm quite interested in going down this route but have a little bit of concern about it slowing down my connection speeds. Just wondering if I could use it just between my existing router and my Zgemma box so it's not interfering with anything else.

I use home plugs so in theory it would be:

BT Homehub
Homeplug
Homeplug
VPN Router
Zgemma h.2.s

Does this sound like it would work? I'm only really trying to get over the issue of IPTV being down during the football.

That's unless anyone has any other suggestions on VPN options for the H2S running iPab.tv

If you introduce the VPN router in front of the first homeplug you will get more VPN speed. The reason being homeplugs do mess with the signal/latency, which make encryption/decryption slower. Obviously if your system has more than two homeplugs then other considerations and solutions may come into play.

Cheers!

Back