vu+ duo 2 do i have to insert pen drive

jibbbbbb

Keep clicking OK and let it set up your network interface.

You should insert a pen drive to store your EPG on, if the internal flash memory gets full
it can brick the box.

Menu - Setup - System - EPG - Settings

Change the EPG Location from internal flash to media/hdd

(If it won't switch to media/hdd straight away, put the pen in and reboot the box, some are picked up others need the reboot to be seen )

Set Enable VM EPG to yes

I did not order a hard drive with it I will get one when I'm all set up ,,, so is it wise just to by a cheap USB stick memory just I case thank you

Thank you mate does it matter what USB stick I buy and what size memory it is and when you say 2.5 what does that mean or do you have a link once again thank you

2.5 might be the size of internal hdd used and could go to 2 tb.
use a good quality usb stick,kingston,cruzer,integral and for flashing max size 8gb.no size restriction in how big you want to go.

Thank you will get one tomorrow as for flashing I've ordered my new vu+ duo box from world of satellite and it comes all ready flashed with vix latest firmware ,, so I'm hoping I ain't got to do that well I hope so

Thanks mate ,, I've been reading bees set up and its looks bloody complicated ,, I'm hoping that I can do all this and sort my lines out on my trusted surface pro ,, if not I'm in the shit ,, its says nets id how can imfind this out because I dont have a virgin Box I'm in Birmingham

Last edited:
no problem first thing to do is the setup and wizard etc then go to download plugins --softcams and chose what cam i prefare mgcamd 1.38 for use with nlines,select it then your ready for your line.filezilla client needed on pc to send 2 files mg_cfg and newcamd.list to var/keys or usr/keys all shown on the tut.
do 1 thing at a time ,then move to next step easier on the brain.

Thanks how do I connect my surface pro to the new box to put the 2 files on I have a null cable which I used to flash my old krptview box or is this not the case

Follow bees tut mate just take it a step at a time.All bases are covered.All will come together and youll have plenty of help here if stuck.
Birmingham net ids:
Birmingham TW/C&W 41011 643.000 6.952
Birmingham TDN 41015 499.000 6.952
Birmingham TND Trial 41022 499.000 6.952
Birmingham Trial BM01 40993 643.000 6.952
Birmingham Trial BM01 41008 643.000 6.952

I would use the top one but i dont think youll need it as your image(vix)may come up as birmingham.If that makes sense.

program on pc called filezilla client send files through the lan to box,as this is the big boys box not a outdated kv.

Thanks ever one for the help but ,,, program on pc called filezilla client send files through the lan to box,as this is the big boys box not a outdated kv how does it send files I don't have a pc just my surface pro how do I connect that to my new box that's the only think what's worrying me now once again thanks ever one for your help

Back