vu duo 2 gone slow

jibbbbbb

hi all, having a lot of trouble with my box keeps on freezing and when changing channel takes about 10 seconds to change and while its trying to change channels I get the vix symbol going around in top lelf hand corner , I have back dated my software right back to the very first 4.2 and also tried different 4.2 versions and also removed all plugins but still getting the same issues ...I am thinking of doing a factory reset , clearing all data on hard drive , and putting the new 4.2 version on USB stick and starting from scratch , could do with a bit of help if I go down this route ie how to clear my hard drive Ext ext any advise I would be grateful ,, thanks

factory reset wont work and setting up box from scratch is better having saved mg_cfg and newcamd.list to pc.hdd should be ok as long as you dont format [ erase ] info.
main thing that screws boxes up is where epg is saved to as i use an external 8gb micro usb to store data to.

Jibbbbbb I think cacti got it right in using usb to store your data , did have a issue a few weeks back running a little slow , I dumped kodidirect it's a load of rubbish anyway , also I was using the on demand skin file and took that out and went back to sly skin 5 and it did inprove the speed , not sure which one caused the issue .......

i dont need lipstick and makeup on my boxes like timeshift,picons and skins but i have tsmedia and kodidirect feeble at times i agree.
on a new edison box kodidirect crashed it more than once so removed it.

Yep bang on bud , i just use two plugins , iptv and exedus plugin both work well for films so covers everything for films ,

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

thank you for your replys , just been checking my box at the moment ive got my epg set on media hdd which I'm guessing is my 2 tera hard drive , ive got lots of 8 gig usb sticks floating around , and one in the back of the box now which I think is doing nothing is it worth reformatting a USB stick putting it in the back of the box and changing epg location to the USB instead of media hdd .as for Kodi Ext ext I did have a full blown Kodi on my box plus Kodi direct and a few other things , I've reset my box to a early 4.2 and not saved the plugins , I'm just wondering if all the extra plugins and data is still on my box somewhere which is what is slowing up my box , would love to put my box back to when I first got it and knowing what I no now just install iptv and that's it . Wipe all my hard drive cause god knows what's on there and just start afresh , by the way boys thanks again for the reply , and what a great site this really is , its like having mates who no about this stuff cheers

Try the Vix lads or complete reflash to .28 on its way and no restore

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate , vix lads more info please ie where to find cheers

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ----------

Updated to .28 will see how I get on

Yes mate downloaded new software from world of sat onto USB stick installed it and started from scratch still the same grrrrr can you get a virus on these boxes

possible but are you running a faulty mg_cfg file that causes lag and gives you ddos,whats else is on box ?

omg dont bash a vu duo2 too expensive ,its the one thing that gets overlooked even on a new image your old line and cfg sent back hence the slowness.

cheers lads , I've put the mg cam which I downloaded from a mate on here , because when I first got the box well over a year ago I had troubles will mg cam which was on bees tuition , not saying it was bad with out it I would of been lost ,,but the other cam worked better its still mg camd 1.38 , and had no problems with it for a long time ,, but saying that ever time I restart box I have to restart cam manually been the same for weeks now as you can see from old post , yes its all set up correctly but does need restarting manually ,, ie restart . I'm finding my sports channels seem to be working pretty good but the films channels will freeze a hell of a lot and still getting the very annoying vix image in top left for 5 to 10 seconds , as for what's on my box as far as I no just iptv of plugins and that's it ,, but in the past I've tried full Kodi , Kodi direct and other things , I can't see them any where on my box even on hard drive , and internal drive , but Ive got this strange feeling there on there still that's why I would like to factory reset and wipe my hard drive completely ,,, so is it worth wiping ever think completely hard drive , internal drive , USB stick the lot and starting from when I first got my box , sorry lads but it is pissing me of now ,,, cheers all

Last edited:
Backup and try an ATV backup even. I'd be tempted before do all that. Can pm you link. Is your cam set to autostart?

hello mate just been looking at cam settings can't see auto start any where ,,, mmmmm think you might be on to some thing auto start has gone ,, only restart option ,, where else apart from soft cam manager , and soft cam settings can I find auto cheers mate

Back