Vu Duo Hard drive dilemma?

casper17

Decided to bite the bullet and buy a twin tuner satellite box and have chosen the vu duo- I bit confused as to what to do about the hard drive. We currently have a 3tb seagate hard drive in the house that is unused because the dvd player does not let you play films throughout which is why the hard drive was bought.

I am wondering if first and foremost the vu duo will recognise the hard drive when plugged in and also is their much of difference in using an external hard drive rather than a built in that can be purchased along with the box.

For example:

Will accessing the external hard drive be different from internal (do you have to go through a different interface)?
the way in which the programmes are recorded be different (is it just a matter of hitting record)?
Will the layout of the recorded programme be different (showing up as folders in the external hd and in neat organised programmes on the internal).

I have looked about on youtube and stuff for a step through guide of the hard drive set up but I cant find anyone delving into it too much.

Thanks

you have to set the hardrive up when you recive your box. one of the main reasons for buying a duo is to put the hardrive in internaly. it is a fairly easy process.

I dont think i would ever open the 2 devices up to add the memory i meant using my own hard drive in terms of plugging the it in via the usb port.

Back