VU+ DUO Newbie Help...

dunc1n

Hi guys,

I have had my VU+ DUO box for about a week now, and I still have not taken it out of the box! I have looked at all the guides and stuff, and it just seems very complex.
I did however come across a forum post that stated its just easiest to install an image and everything is set up for you (you just have to add your cline). An example of one of these images is"OpenVIX 3.0 - 521 VU+ Duo Backup By musogeek". I cant seem to download it anywhere though, I think its maybe old, Im not sure.

Is anyone familiar with these images, and can help me out with what to do, and where to download the best/newest one.

Im scared to start on this box without knowing EXACTLY what to do. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this.

Thanks

Dunc1n

It should have a VU+ image already on it you could use that for now till you get used to it. Just follow the instructions on screen.
It just a matter of scanning the satelite and you will have free view channels.

I think Openvix is now on build 3.0 - 806 at the moment from here Satellite Support Forum .: Home of VIX Team:. you can download cams for vix as well off this site.

Black Hole image from here VuPlus Community. Do not ask about cams or emulators on BH site.

Lot of helpful info on both sites.
When i first got a vu+ I used it along side Sly box till I got it sorted.

It should have a VU+ image already on it you could use that for now till you get used to it. Just follow the instructions on screen.
It just a matter of scanning the satelite and you will have free view channels.

I think Openvix is now on build 3.0 - 806 at the moment from here Satellite Support Forum .: Home of VIX Team:. you can download cams for vix as well off this site.

Black Hole image from here VuPlus Community. Do not ask about cams or emulators on BH site.

Lot of helpful info on both sites.
When i first got a vu+ I used it along side Sly box till I got it sorted.

Well I bought the box from WoS and they loaded it with a VIX image (dont know which one though). So what will I still need to do? and what bits can i skip on the tutorials???
Surely there is images out there that have everything sorted for you and all you have to do is install this image then enter your cline????

Any ideas anyone???

Cheers

Dunc1n

If you just bought it, it would be the latest up to date image.
You would need to download cccam 2.3.0 from their softcam section and install it by unzipping and then dropping it into tmp folder on the box. Then install it by going to the menu on the box Addons/install .tgz files. You can put your cline in to the cccam.cfg file in ect folder. If it hasn't got a cfg file you can make one with notepad and copy and paste your line in there. There is plenty of info on the net on how to do this just a matter of looking about. You would also have to switch the cam on with the blue button and selecting it.
I dont use VIX so somethings might be slightly different with the menu buttons.

hmmm running 2.2.1 here is that other cam giving problems?,also depend if you get a nline for use with mgcamd or a cline for use with cccam.out of the two mg runs better.

will I still need to scan for channels and set them all up with the "out of the box" vix image? or does the image already have a "channel list" (like a skybox channel list)?

cheers guys

dunc1n

No you will have to select satellite 28.2 scan and use Autobouquet maker to get channel list like sky. Autobouquet is part of the VIX image.

ok, thanks, so autoboutique maker will be on my box already?
will this autoboutique maker actually create the channel list for me to mimic sly? or is autoboutique maker a tool to build a channel list yourself to mimic sly?

your help is appreciated guys.

cheers

If you have the Vix image you just run Autobouquet and it will make a list and sections like Favourites/Entertainment/HD/Movie/Music etc etc and a main list similar to sky numbering.

but you have to set up a b m to your location,you only need one location to choose.
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Is it easy enough to access though? I currently have a skybox f5s and was hoping to get one and transfer my cline over if possible?

you mean you are getting an e2 box,yes you can transfer cline to a better box and maybe you need to contact supplier to say your changing box.

Back