Vu+ duo Original box need to flash with an image help

tony-d

Hi all after spending loads of time last night trying to get this dam box flashed i just can't get it work. I have tried everything tried downloading openvix image from there site online reformatted usb stick nothing!!
Currently the box has nemesis v2.3 enigma 2 on it, bought it secondhand on eb@y all i want to do is replace it so i can add sealion on it. Can anyone help me please Tich as tried helping me and i am so grateful but we couldn't get anywhere. I just can't get an image to load on it. Any ideas of a good image for me to use i.e. blackhole or vix and where can i download it from.
Any help please before i stamp on

Attachments

• Vu + Duo.jpg
    Vu + Duo.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
thats a good old image nemesis
as inbed79 says vix all the way mate

make sure you box is not a clone before you flash it mate other wise you will brick it from the link above

Hi lancable its not a clone spent all day researching that its defo an original, i just can't get the image to work!!! i downloaded it unzipped it and copied to the usb stick stuck it in the receiver and turned it on nothing happens. i don't want to hassle tich all the time poor bloke I'm probably doing his head in

you need to extract the folder vuplus to your usb mate stick mate

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I'm lost i just can't get my head round it.
when i double click the downloaded file all i see is a folder called duo then i double click the duo file and see
image version
kernel_cfe_auto.binreboot.update
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
splash_cfe_auto.bin

make folder called
vuplus then place the duo folder in side vuplus folder then follow steps above

tried all of that nothing!! i give up for tonight its driving me mad!!!
thank you all for your advice i guess when you don't understand something you just don't understand.

once again thank you

Morning forum,

I have tried and tried and again this morning to no avail.
I formatted sub stick fat 32
Create a new folder vuplus
Opened the new folder and created another new one called duo
I then unzipped the opevix download
Open the vuplus folder
Open the duo folder
Drag the 4 files in duo (downloaded) folder to my new empty folder
Fit usb stick in receiver power on and nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is the usb on the machine knackered??

Any advice please

you dont need to make any folders just download the zip file drag to usb stick unzip it
it will already be in its right folders turn the vu off at the back of box put usb in front usb port
under the flap turn vu back on it should now read the img if not try a different usb stick

^^^^^^^^what he says lol

Delete everything on he USB until its empty, download the firmware to your desktop, unzip it to the USB.

Eject the USB from your computer, with the box off plug the USB in to the back of the box and power on the box....on the solo2's you have to press the power button on the front of the box when prompted on the box display.

Leave it until it reboots.

Make sure its only the unzipped folder thats on the usb, nothing else

Back