vu duo red light fix

cactikid

VIP Member
having had this myself and got box repaired by a tv expert i now see this available from ebay.

I have for sale a repair kit for the original Vu+Duo & maybe the Vu+Duo 2 (but please check if motherboards are the same). The kits consists of a Capacitor and a Regulator,

If you have a redlight on the duo it is normally caused by the Capacitor (C807) drying up but it can also blow the regulator (U801).
I had these both go on mine. Sometimes you can get away with just changing the capacitor the 1st time you get the redlight but if you continue
switching the machine off you can then blow the regulator like i did.

The original capacitor value is 220uf and i changed it to 330uf and a higher voltage.
The regulators you cant buy in this country and you have to bulk buy.
This regulator is the original and works very well as i had this go on my receiver.

There are 3 regulators and 3 capacitors the same and i changed all mine but is not necessary do to this
and only change the ones i have stated.

The kits for sale consist of 1 x 330uf Capacitor and 1 x Regulator, But if you feel like changing all
regulators (U801,U802,U805) and Capacitors (C807,C814,C815) then i can sell you them to you.

Please check my other listing on Vu+Duo if you want to buy the IC only

Multiple buys i will discount if you decide to change all 3 ie 3 x capacicitor, 3 x regulators for £25 saving you £11

Please Note:-
Please have this repair carried out by a qualified repair man as I will not be held responsible for damage to you Vu+Duo , unless you are capable of doing yourself.duo regulator.JPGduo cap.JPG

HTML:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Duo-Red-Light-/271411349084?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3f3160865c

Hi - Sorry to resurrect your old post. I've been intermittently getting the RLOD on my vu duo.

Hoping you can shed some light on something for me. I went out and purchased the replacement cap but when I checked the board the cap is missing!

Any idea how to fix this model?
IMG_1745[1].jpg

Back