Vu+duo

geoffsnook

Hi as above got this old box with a hard drive installed i would like to use the box upstairs, it has the latest ATV on it but i can't get in to the box through firezilla so thought i would try openwif but that has no terminal button on there either so i could put whoosebuild or similar on there i have a supplier for the iptv but cant get his ipk file on there so what's my best option please

If you have the actual ipk file you could put it onto USB and install that way or reflash your box with latest open atv or if you have command line for providers ipk then use putty

i do have the ipk file so do i just put that on a usb as is and turn off vu plug it in then turn it back on then through install extension and should go from there what else would i need to do to get it working epg importer etc Thanks

i can see the file on my usb on the install local extension but when i highlight it and select install it says installed but is not any where on the box or in plugins so doing something wrong

i can see the file on my usb on the install local extension but when i highlight it and select install it says installed but is not any where on the box or in plugins so doing something wrong
Dont know too much about that box, but you could try rebooting and then look for plug in, after it said installed!

cant see it have it already in my plugins but everyone has said there should be terminal written in a left hand window i have all the other's but not terminal

On the new ATV image you have to set up a password on the box, its a new security feature.
I had the same problem on my zgemma.
It should be in your network settings.
You should be able to connect to the box then by the usual root and whatever password you chose.

Back