VU+ / Enigma2 add-on for Kodi

dabossman

I'd like to access my H2H channels through my Kodi running on a HTPC as this is the platform I tend to use the most for my content viewing.

I've watched a YouTube video on how to set it up, but cannot get it working.

Anyone have any experience of using the PVR add-on in Kodi to do this?

I know the H2H can run Kodi but I have no interest in using it for that, mainly for security/privacy reasons.

Cheers
D.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Got it working. A few points to note for anyone else having issues. Make sure VU+ is the only PVR client enabled. Also turn off any VPN you are using. Also, your Enigma2 box will need to be in standby while you are using in Kodi.

hi what were your settings? because when i configure the enigma2 client i type in the correct IP address etc but keep getting 'connection lost'
in advanced settings was there anything you changed and is the user name and password left blank?

No changes required on my Zgemma. Double check you are using the right IP. Look at the attached devices on your router. You have live TV enabled on kodi and no other PVR addons enabled? No VPN running? Restart Kodi. Another test is to try using the ANDR app on an Android device. This is an enigma streamer that uses the same settings.

might need nfs or samba enabled for box to be seen in network,nfs is newer so try that first in network on box.

No changes required on my Zgemma. Double check you are using the right IP. Look at the attached devices on your router. You have live TV enabled on kodi and no other PVR addons enabled? No VPN running? Restart Kodi. Another test is to try using the ANDR app on an Android device. This is an enigma streamer that uses the same settings.

Ok have signed into my router and strangely under wired connections there is nothing as if there is no devices connected?
But there is and my zgemma box works correctly.
will try the ANDR app. thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

might need nfs or samba enabled for box to be seen in network,nfs is newer so try that first in network on box.

Enabled on the zgemma or my android box running kodi?

On the Zgemma, check your network settings. Under adapter settings, check that use interface and use dhcp are set to yes. Under current settings is there a local IP address assigned and against network it says LAN connection?

ok both are already selected as yes.
ip address is assigned
next to network says lan connection
Primary DNS 1 diget different to IP address (probably irrelevant)

DNS should be different so that's OK. Does your Android box have an IP on the same subnet, ie. The only difference is the last set of digits? You can check the IP via Kodi system settings.

Got it working finally! thanks for all your help its really appreciated.
The problem was that inside the zgemma network info the ip was 1 digit different to that of the connected device inside the router. for example was showing .178.1. etc instead of .168.1
So before i was typing in the zgemma ip but in the end realised i had to put in the ip that was in the router settings if this makes sense?
It is however very slow but this might be due it being a poor wireless connection to my minix box as the router is at the other end of the house. I will try timote out also, thanks again

I personally find VU+ unstable. Downloading the MU3 file from the box Openwebif & using PVR simple client works so much better for me. That said however, you wont get the EPG. Alternative is to load the M3U file into VLC player

OTR

Last edited:
Back