vu+ player from external network set-up

obo10

hi, have a vu ultimo on vix image and am trying to set up vu+ player from an external network. i firstly am trying to change the username and password from the default setting but then also need to set up port forwarding i guess? any guides on this please?

Is there no way to secure or allow access only to vu without exposing network? Sorry I'm a bit of a numpty with this side of things.

Is there no way to secure or allow access only to vu without exposing network? Sorry I'm a bit of a numpty with this side of things.

Even .htaccess wont help as the stream url will bypass

Consider SSL secured reverse proxy

or stay clear if you dont know what you are doing, its not worth the risk

Yeah I'll stay clear,for the odd occasion I want to set a recording I've forgotten about. thanks for advice.

Could use a VPN to get onto your system.

- - - Updated - - -

One running on a Raspberry Pi or router I mean, not one people tend to use to access content blocked by ISP or geofencing.

Yeah vpn is the way to go, raspberry pi zero £4, install openvpn server on it, the install process creates a key which is encrypted 2048 hashing, then you access it externally with your key and your phone/pc that you are using to remote in, will act like its I side your home network.

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Works well yeah, not tried it yet but in theory you shout be able to watch live satellite channels from your box anywhere in the world with the web interface openweb ?? Something lol

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

I couldn't be bothered setting up a VPN. Had a desktop PC with VU+ PVR already set up on kodi and teamviewer12 installed so just used that. Seems to work ok.

Back