VU+ solo 2 dead..?

thecake

Hey all ye tech gods...
Please be patient with me as im very green on all this stuff...
As i said in my intro bought my vu+ solo2 box off a lad on-line already set up and ready to go with usb connect to the back.
now its stopped working, and i have no sky channels at all. tried running the auto bouqets loads and loads but its not working.
I know its running black hole if that makes any difference. do i have to refesh the usb..?
Would love to get it back in action and i see you can change it to mimic the sky look..? like the skyblue hd would love to try this but im worried ill kill my box for ever.
I tried contacting the fecker i bought it from but he seems to be gone to ground and is number, website, and email are no longer valid.... typical.
only have the box 2-3 months and paid well for it.
feel lucky though as i was going ordering a good few more off him for family and friends as i was happy with the way the first one worked...
any advice greatly appreciated..

Hey, thanks for replying.
Dont think it is a clone but not sure, is there a way of checking..?
or is this a v v silly question

Is it a Vu solo2se? Does it have a sticker on it where to get the firmware?
Do your free channels work?

its just a Vusolo2 serial no:d14073404476 yes the freewview channels work
tuner A: BCM7356 DVB-S2 NIM
Single
stats:28.2E Eutelsat 28A..Astra 1N/2A/2F

IF THIS MEANS ANYTHING

Hi, just your thread starts solo2 dead, its not dead it looks like your "gift" is offline, check your softcam status, I don't use blackhole, just openvix so not sure how to do it on BH, you might need a new gift to get the sly channels back, not uncommon in this game

Oh i see, this might make a lot of sense
as the fella that set up the box ie gave me the gift is no where to be found..
website email and phone not working by him...
Where would one obtain a new "Gift" and get it up and running...??

also would it be better to change it to openvix or can this be done.
would like to learn more about this game as i have a good few family that would like to change over from the Sky as well...

Its up to you, Vix is better supported on techkings and I'm used to it so find it easier, if you reflash you will lose your gift details, also you will need to know if its a clone before flashing it as you could brick it if wrong software used.

If the only problem you've got is the sly channels going off then why fix it lol. Either try a new testline and see if it fixes your issue or do some checks your end with your internet and make sure your server is offline. Do you just get a black screen on Sly channels or tune failed or another message?

yeah, to be fair it was working fine up to now..
All i am getting is a black screen and no other message at all...
Where would i get a new test line.

Thanks for all your time

It seems one minute you hove no lines or options, once you post there you will have loads of offers, just bear in mind today is last day of the month and a new thread will start on 1st of next month.

Back