vu+solo 2 problems

stamna

Stamna
Hi guys,
I have a vu+solo 2 and i am running a blackhole image, i've installed the magcamd version 138 as well as the ccam 2.2.1 my lines are c.lines which is working fine on all the satellites. however, when i move my dish to one of the east satellite for some unknown reason it wont work. i use the dcc to transfer the files to usr/keys and it shows the files are there. i restart the mgcamd with the blue button on the remote and it shows green as the cam starts but nothing happens.can anybody please tell me where i am going wrong.all the help will be much appreciated. i did ask for help yesterday with my zgemma hs 2 and thanks to wooshman i got it working in no time so thanks to wooshman. now i need to sort my vu+solo 2 out so i will be very grateful for all the help you guys may be able to help me with.:damn:
thank you and kind regards
stamna

having different lines nlines and clines running different cams cause issues.
best to stick with one type using one cam or you will be stopping one cam and starting another.
mgcamd uses 1.38 and files sent to usr/keys
cccam uses 2.30 and files sent to etc.

sorry mate,
i am only running c:lines, which are on the etc ccam cnfg and the mgcamd 1.38 is on usr/keys i have no problems at all on any satellite only on 39. do i have to make any changes on usr/keys files ? thanks g
for getting back to me and tying to help. by the way i am running ccam 2.2.1 and it works fine from 30 west to 28.2 east but 1.38 suppose to do the business on 39 east wich use to work perfect but for some reason has stopped. any further help will be well and truly appreciated. many thanks and regards.

i use nlines with mgcamd 1.38 and files sent to newcamd.list and mg_cfg in usr/keys
i dont think a cline will work with mgcamd?
did you check only one cam is working say stop cccam and start mgcamd?
dont use clines myself so unsure.

thank you for your response.
yes mate, i did stop the other cams and switched to 1.38 magcamd started the cam and it doesnt open anything at all. as soon as i go back to ccam 2.2.1 and start it, it all comes back on apart from 39east.

Hello cactikid
did you get my reply and had a look a what i've sent you what was in the newcamd list ? this vu problem is doing my cake right in i feel like smashing it up against the wall.

Hi Guys
First of all i would like to thank all the people that have tried to help me with the problem that i am still experiencing with my vu+solo 2, Thank you guys. well , i've been pulling my hair out and have still not solved the problem ref the magcamd. i have re-download the magcamd placed the files on the box downloaded it to the box and installed it no problem i then move the dish to 39 east and as soon i restart the mgcamd it shows green which means the cam is active but it wont open anything at all. i then move the dish to 30 west start the cccam 2,2,1 and no problem the same on every satellite it works perfect but the magcam no chance. i have done everything right and read about how its all done and followed instructions from some guys on the forum, i put my c:lines on the CWS= as instructed but sill no joy. i removed the c: and placed it with CWS= but nothing happens. can someone please help as i have not got a clue of what else to do. i re-image the box with the latest blackhole image but to no avail. Guys i am sorry if i have been a pain but i would not ask if i didnt have too. Anyway, can someone please show me the light cos i just cant see what i am doing wrong and cant workout where the problem is.
Thank you all and kind regards.
stamna.

Last edited by a moderator:
clines are clines nlines are nlines.N will run in cccam and mgcamd cline wont run in mgcamd as far as im aware.

If you want to run your C line in mgcamd then place your C line I to a cccamd.list file and put it in usr / keys
You should also have an amended mg_cfg file that has been altered to run a C line in mgcamd. (Option G (33) )
If your struggling PM me.
To be honest I'm confused why you would want to use your lines in mgcamd??
Usally I would only put a C line in mgcamd if I had a C and a N line that I wanted to use together for say sat and cable. It easier to keep the formats the same. A good supplier would swap you from C to an N, or CWS line if you asked.

Back