VU+ SOLO 2 STUCK ON STARTING

Well now i really am pulling my hair out. I have reformatted usb with hd tool then did fat32 format. I then copied files to usb - inserted usb in usb port on box and now i cannot get it to flash even tho its same image and usb. Box starts up saying update press power which i do but it just continues on to starting instead of flashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Items you need before we start.
1. A suitable USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably no larger than 8GB in size to prevent
compatibility issues while flashing the image).
2. Image of your choice
3. Compression software such as 7zip.
4. HP Format tool ( not essential but highly recommended )
5. Teracopy ( again not essential but highly recommended )
6. A clean pair of underpants, just in case things go wrong.
For this tutorial we will be using the latest OpenViX Image ( 3.0-658 ) which can be downloaded
from www.openvix.co.uk
For links to the above mentioned software please see page two of this tutorial.
Preparation.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.658-
vusolo2_usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.
As your Solo2 starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you to
press the power button, at this point you need to press the power button on the front of the receiver,
( the blue circles to the left of the front panel, this is a touch sensitive button ).
IMPORTANT.
DO NOT POWER THE RECEIVER DOWN DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS, AS YOU
CAN CAUSE SERIOUS AND PERMANT DAMAGE BY DOING SO.
If you dont see the prompt to press the power button but instead see the message “starting” it means
that the receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.
If all goes well the flashing process should take approximately 2 minutes to complete, if your
chosen image does not contain the “reboot.update” file in the image folder the receiver will sit the
with “update complete” message on it's display and will require you to manually power the receiver
on and off to reboot then box, if this file is present the receiver will automatically reboot it self once
the flashing process is complete.
Please note. you will always see the prompt to press the power button if the receiver has detected a
viable image to flash on the inserted media at bootup, It is perfectly safe and advisable to keep a
image on your USB stick for backup reasons. The image will only flash if you press the power
button, if you ignore the prompt the receiver will boot as normal.

Wow wullboy thank you for info (by the way i dont need underpants as i'm a female so i think i'l be ok)

I will go through what you advise step by step later and keep you informed. My dog is sat crosslegged giving me the evil eye waiting for his morning walk

Cheers

Well guys with all your help and advice, i have finally flashed and configured the vu+ solo2 box ( boy was that a challange)

I tried a new kingston usb, copied wooshbuild files onto it and then proceeded to the usual steps. ( sorry wullboy, but i didn't want to put openvix on if i didn't have to). I couldnt believe it after the box rebooted, that there was wooshbuild basebuild so continued as instructed then when done i installed line and now watching Bambi. I cannot thank you all enough, you have all been amazing and i very much appreciate your help

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL [emoji1303][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji2]

Now i have this box up and running for my neighbour i would like to know is he ok to do the software updates or is it best left alone. While the box is running great, i dont want the updates causing any issues if any

Ive just run the updates and all was good. If you want to be safe then do a full backup to usb first

Thank you makido, i will do as advised and then do updates. I'm quite impressed with this box. I have zgemma h2s

Time for an upgrade maybe :LOL: Ive not had the box long but yeah its a good little box. Ive got a solo4 to and to be honest, theres not much difference.

Just ordered one and i'm looking forward to its arrival. I got 1tb installed with it so no more external usbs. Hopefully i can set it up without any issues.

I appreciate your help and advice so stay close in case i need it agan makido [emoji1303]

Its amazing how good you get at blagging it. You will be fine with setup now you've done it once

Last edited:
dont forget next box to buy the kingston 8gb usb stick for flashing and or using to store epg to.

online updates i never do as i just reflash box twice a year from scratch,but would query if a non provider image say like woosh is safe to upgrade online?

last point in downloads there are many enigma2 flashing guides for boxes on openvix.:grimacing::quiet:

Just letting you know after learning how to flash the VU+ Solo2 box with wooshbuild with the help from all the experts here, i ordered one for myself to replace my Zgemma H2S and it arrived today. I had it up and running within 45mins and now enjoying my new box.

Thanks guys, i couldn't have mastered it without all your help

Cheers Everyone [emoji1303][emoji4]

Ok experts, heres one for you

As you know i now have this box up and running smoothly, my only issue is that i would like to use my bose universal remote control with it instead of the standard remote. I need a pairing code for the vu+ solo2, has anyone paired this remote with this box and if yes what is the code please. I have tried to find it in the bose code leaflet without success

makido you are a superstar. My bose remote is now paired with my vu+ box. Thank you sooooo much, i knew i could count on you experts [emoji1303][emoji2]

Back