VU+ Solo 2 & VIX

jellytotz

Hi all!

Just a quick question, if I purchased this from 'World of Satellite' with the VIX TEAM image installed. Can I then simply then purchase a SKY Gift from someone to be used on this? Or are there additional steps I need to take to get this working?

Thank you all!

So World of satellite also install ccam etc etc ready for simple purchase of Sky gifts?

Edit: Yes i would buy one with a hard drive pre installed

So World of satellite also install ccam etc etc ready for simple purchase of Sky gifts?

Edit: Yes i would buy one with a hard drive pre installed

No wos will not install a gift "EVER!" It ain't that hard to do as I got a solo2 a few days ago. They are a very good bit of kit.

Hijack - sorry. My question may help the OP
I have just purchased a VU+ solo2 with vix installed and I'm up and running (just about) Previously I had an Open box V8 with an nline installed - how do I put this nline into the new box ?
tia

Cheers for the help. Whats the issues I've heard about and seen a sticky on this with the solo 2 SE (obviously a clone). Whats the problem with a clone?

Clones cannot tend to use the most up to date images. Load of rubbish really.

To use ViX and "gift" on a solo2. You need to go to plugins and download the softcams either MgCamd or CCcam.

Then ya need your cfg files.

For CCcam ya need the CCcam.cfg file and copied to the /etc folder.

For MgCamd ya need the 2 files newcamd.list and mg.cfg, then copy those to the var/keys folder on the Solo2.

Sorted.

do you have to do this on ftp or can you just go straight to the file on TSpanel-file explorer and type it in there?

i think wheelo has that on his enigma2 tut with filezilla,yes is daunting at first but as i found its easier to make a folder on desktop named solo2 or whatever model you use have your line details and other stuff there.any problems ask.

when the files are loaded onto box one uses edit to adjust/delete old line details/or enter new line details and SAVE and exit.

Last edited:
Back