Vu+ Solo Clone - Remote Control Problems

intel

Took a chance and brought a faulty UV+ Solo, checking it looks like a clone and has a V2 sticker on the base of the box.
The guy said it was working fine till he updated some software and now its stuck on channel 4 and the remote wont respond.

I put BlackHole2.0.2Rev.AUKReady​VU+SoloBackupByTenBelow _Fe​rrari_V2
on the box and now its starts on channel 4 but you can now move up and down the channels using front buttons but the remote still
won't respond.

The remote is fine as I checked the remote on my ICloud box - I did manage to get the remote working one time as I had searched
and found some remote control codes....the code I used was:

2 + 7 for about 3 secs
press Help
Press 0001

The remote started to work again with the box, all was fine until I put on BlackHole-2.0.6-vusolo_usb_Ferrari_V2 and now the remote
won't work with the box again, no matter what codes I use, I re-installed BlackHole2.0.2Rev.AUKReady​VU+SoloBackupByTenBelow _Fe​rrari_V2
again, but the remote still wont work or take the RC codes, I tried the remote on the Icloud box and it works fine on that box.

Anyone have any ideas what to try next please?

ok there might be a fix for this however, did you get the following with the box
1. rs232 cable with a small board.

Thanks for the reply mate, yes theres a serial cable with a small board that looks like a gender changer?

BTW....I have a null modem cable as well.

Last edited:
ok, you will need a laptop with windows xp only use a laptop. send me you e-mail adress and i will send you the link to re-flash. the box back to its factory image. then you just have to install a version 2 blachole image. this should fix it.

@Mike

Still the same..............everything went 100% didnt have any problems as per the instructions but its still the same, I even tried to brick it by
putting on a V3 image and although I didn't get the red light, the box just gave a black screen :( erased everything and followed all the steps. but after
loading / trying about 6 different images I still cant get the remote to work.

The strange thing is that the first time I done this (reprogram the remote) it went like a breeze until I updated the image again..now
none of the codes work :(

Any ideas please?

If its a clone box I'm sure you cannot put another image on it without problems, they only seem to work with the original firmware the box was supplied with, thats the reason there is no support for this kind of box on any of the main image forums.

Back