vu+solo ip address help please

rangerman

ok hope this is in the right place I have a vu+solo box so does my landlord we run off the same dish with different n-line's I did an update on my box only to find I got nothing but a black screen so flashed my box by usb yay it worked but when I put my line in it keeps changing my landlords and when he try's to put his line in it changes it turns out our vu boxes now have the same ip address I have been told I need a image that I can change my ip can any one help please ???? :-(

it should not matter as your network should see them as two seperate devices.

hi mike to do anything with the vu box you have to use dreambox control centre DCC v2.95 once opened i link my laptop to my vu box but it only showing landlords box and not mine so now only one of us can watch because the other box freezes now before i did that update both boxes worked mybox ip was lets say 112 and landloard was 116 but now i can't connect to mine ?

Last edited:
menu-setup-system-network-adapter settings-use dhcp no,manually change last digits to other setting that is not his and save green button on vix
that should give 2 different ips now.

menu-setup-system-network-adapter settings-use dhcp no,manually change last digits to other setting that is not his and save green button on vix
that should give 2 different ips now.
Thanks cactikid so once I've done that on the box when I open DCC it will then let me connect my laptop to my vu box to put my line in ?? am not at home till tmoz so will try and post results :-)

strange i have 2 vu solo one a clone. did not have any problem just connected them up in the usual way my network has always seen them as two seperate devices.

strange i have 2 vu solo one a clone. did not have any problem just connected them up in the usual way my network has always seen them as two seperate devices.
mike they are both clone's it worked before I did the bloody update now the network is only seeing one box we have turned his off set mine up with my own line then turned mine off and done the same with his but when we have both boxes on only one will work and when you go back into it to check lines they have changed all very strange and at a loss what to do now :-/

ok i may have a suggestion for you both. are you both connecting to the same router? as i assume you are in a shared house? and how are you connecting to boxes to the network. if you take the line off both boxes will they both show up on the network.

check both boxes have different net ips and each have their own line,the very odd time i got a clash of ip address using the same router,if using same ip you can be sending your info to his box or vice-versa.
maybe setup his box with his own ip dhcp off and yours off give it a different ip,that dcc program is that not setup for an ip address that is now wrong and needs the new ips for your box then his?

ok i may have a suggestion for you both. are you both connecting to the same router? as i assume you are in a shared house? and how are you connecting to boxes to the network. if you take the line off both boxes will they both show up on the network.
mike yes shared house a yes same router witch has worked up until now. the vu boxes are connected to router via power line bridge +Ethernet and when we need to connect laptop to vu box you use DCC program a window opens and shows laptop to vu box connection and router connection but my vu box ip has now changed to the same as his I have not tried taking both lines off guess I could try it.

---------- Post Merged at 12:13 AM ----------

check both boxes have different net ips and each have their own line,the very odd time i got a clash of ip address using the same router,if using same ip you can be sending your info to his box or vice-versa.
maybe setup his box with his own ip dhcp off and yours off give it a different ip,that dcc program is that not setup for an ip address that is now wrong and needs the new ips for your box then his?
cactikid yes it would seem we are sending info back and forth but only to his box will go through everything that you and mike have suggested it could under stand if it had never worked but it has and its doing my head in now.

Last edited:
there is your problem 2 boxes cannot share same ip so change them first.

change dhcp on yours so its different as that would be a start.

never used that dcc program ,i went in and scanned my network and 2 boxes did not come up,my solo and max digital 1000 hd both dont have samba enabled in vix,other boxes have samba enabled to be seen on network,if you cant see something recheck ip is correct.

Last edited:
the problem is when you connect to a network your router should recognise that there are two seperate devices trying to connect. a thing i would check is go into the router settings and make sure both devices can be seen. if not dont forget your powerline bridge must be paired make sure they are. the vu boxes should automaticaly generate seperate net ips. report back after trying this. and make sure none of the powerline bridge is not plugged into any sort of adaptor it must be a direct socket.

the problem is when you connect to a network your router should recognise that there are two seperate devices trying to connect. a thing i would check is go into the router settings and make sure both devices can be seen. if not dont forget your powerline bridge must be paired make sure they are. the vu boxes should automaticaly generate seperate net ips. report back after trying this. and make sure none of the powerline bridge is not plugged into any sort of adaptor it must be a direct socket.
will do mike and power lines are pluged into direct socket.

make sure they are paired. rember when you upgraded your image the ip adress might of changed. check this on the box

make sure they are paired. rember when you upgraded your image the ip adress might of changed. check this on the box

hi mike,cactikid, I've rebooted router paired my tp box with the one downstairs my vu+box say's ip of 114 but my laptop is 115 if I change it to match my laptop I cant get in to vubox if you know what I mean also when we look at landlords vubox the Ip is 114 so ive been in and change ip on vu box but I still cant connect to my own box :-( totally confused now...

all lan devices connected to internet have to have a different ip,ok if his is set to 114 and dhcp is off,go to yours and check it by your remote and say change it to 118 as long as nothing else on that,dhcp to off save and exit reboot box and router.both boxes should now be seen with 114 and 118 ip address.run your network wizard to check if its getting a connection to lan,hardwired is best,homeplugs with used double socket will have issues or into surge protected units.

e.g you vu solo should be 114
laptop 115
landlord (vu solo) 116
the ip should automaticaly generated for evrey device connected to the router. if not do as cactikid suggests however, i have never known the need to have to do this.

e.g you vu solo should be 114
laptop 115
landlord (vu solo) 116
the ip should automaticaly generated for evrey device connected to the router. if not do as cactikid suggests however, i have never known the need to have to do this.

update guy's cactikid mike123

ok I've had some help from the guy I got from I needed to change MAC address as both boxes somehow ended up the same any how I've now got a new image all is good
I've now got my line in as aMGcad seem better at the moment but was wondering how much has to do with bad weather like if its tipping it down can/dose it knock It off loss of signal???
I've picked up a lot from you guys so thanks to you both at least I have a better understanding of it now well I think lol
many thanks phil

ok i didnt read above......................

what rubbish, there is no way adding a nline on one box, that it will change the line in another

you have not said if the line for your box and landlords is from the same server? or the same line ( you say diff, but line maybe the same)

so if you were to login 2 boxes on same nline, one will get killed if the server has added this to his coding

in 4 years of cable tv and sat tv and 2 years dealing with boxes and my mates server, i have never heard you had to change the mac of a box

in your router
do this

ip reserve both boxes to the ip they are on
example

once saved, reboot router and check boxes are ok :)

try box one at a time, if work they great , if not it sounds like i said the server had block same name or ip login

if you need any other help pm me

Back