VU+ Solo Problems

Sellsinho

Hi,

I get in last night and for some reason I wasn't getting all of my channels. I turned my router off/on, but still nothing. I then tried restarting my box from the remote control and think I may have actually rebooted it as I now don't get any channels?!?!?!

The strange thing is that when I turn the machine off and then on, I still get the blue world of satellite screen and then 'Vix' in the top left hand corner... It then shows 'sky 1 hd' for a split section but then goes black. I then can't choose menu or anything, it is literally just a black screen.

I can't even get anything up on screen at all (apart from the black screen). so can't change channel, get menu/epg up..... Literally nothing just the black screen. The light on the front is picking up the controller, but there is ziltch happening on screen.

Has anyone got any ideas? Do you think I need to re-flash it?

It seems strange that I get the Vix screen at the beginning if it does need a re-flash, but I don't know why else it would just go blank or how to remedy the situation.

Any help would be gratefully received!!

Cheers

Hi Blacksheep,

Yes I re-flashed and it was fine, but I got a bit excited and then put on a new openvix image and think I've now bricked it!!!! It is just showing a red light now and won't seem to flash and I can't ftp it either now.

Anyone any ideas? I didn't get the cable when I bought it either (its a clone)

how long have you had the box?flashing latest firmwares does brick clone boxes because of the drivers,did you think you were buying an original or went cheap and bought a clone,contact supplier.

Hi mate,

I've had it a few months now, no I must admit I went cheap and am obviously paying the price now!! Do you know if there is a way to flash it back to life? Or is it a case of jtag and cable?

no idea yet but thinking you cant fix it ,chip inside box is more likely wiped clean and locked due to drivers been updated,did they say box could use any image????????

They didn't say, but I'm guessing not by the constant red light :( ..... I guess i'll have to buy a new box and try and get a JTAG kit at some point and do some trial and error on the old one.... Guess it's my own fault for cutting corners!!

I've just put in bootloaders and trying an old image, but I don't hold out much hope. Anyone know the best budget box out there (obviously not a clone!!)? I only want a stop gap till I can afford something a bit more permanent (I can't do without my TV!!)

read somewhere that there is a chip to replace the one in these bricked boxes ...think they are on ....ali express web site

Back