Vu+ Solo SE v2 back-up image

dillyp70

PETER DILWORTH
This is my back-up image
Running openvix 4.2 with all latest updates installed (at time of upload).

I have changed the bootlogo to the apple logo.
(didnt like the vix country lane)
This can be changed.

DSC_0116.jpg

Backup comes pre-installed with VIXBMC_1080_Bello skin in pics below other skins are easily added.

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Comes with kodi 16 running blackbox all upto date with on demand.

Bbc iplayer
Itv player
Soaps catch-up
And everything else kodi has to offer.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

Dream-explorer is installed for adding line via remote
Also have dreamplex installed although you will be requiring server access to use this feature

DSC_0125.jpg

Download the attached rar file and un rar
Copy the solose file to a formatted usb and stick in back of box with power off.
Power on light will blink while box flashes (2/3 mins)
When done remove usb from box.
Add hdd or usb to box
Menu, system,storage device, initialisation
Reeboot

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Providers
Change from my net id to your own and save
Start scan
Will scan automatically each night at 5am

Put tv on vm preview channel
Blue button
Epg refresh now
This is set for 3am each night

That should be all you have to do to get your box working apart from obviously sending your line over via ftp or just edit what is there via dream-explorer in usr/keys.

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3txfinrobwe2en5/openvix-4.2.005.release-vusolose_usb.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Hi, is this build still good or do you have a newer version?

Might try it out and have a poke around!

The catchup and on-demand, are they all KODI bits and bobs?
Currently running OpenATV 5.x with just a few plugins, mainly OSCAM, but certainly looking to load her up :)
Very disappointed that the solo4k can only output kodi at 720p, but meh! i'm just a HD Whore xD

They are all available from kodi mate.
I am in the process of starting afresh... I get bored easily lol

Guess I need to spare a few hours and skill up ;) my Solo4K is no good at Kodi at 1080p / 4K (720p max :'( ) so might have to use my Intel Compute Stick, that handles 4K windows well enough, Kodi could be a fun project

Just have a play mate.
Just a case of refreshing and starting again if something goes wrong.
If you have all important info saved to computer which you sound like you will have then you can't really break them lol

I still haven't tried this backup yet! Been messing around with my current build - got Kodi set up, installed a few add-ons. Tried to do a 'lite' version compared to Kodi (LibreElec) on my Raspberry Pi - seems to work pretty well, and nice to be able to have everything on one box.

I've been looking through all the different plugins for OpenVix - just wish there were descriptions of what each plugin does! Currently have to google the names of any that look interesting....

Back