Vu+ Solo se v2 dead after failed update

swain1990

Hi please can somebody help me

I updated via on screen update and it got stuck on the back up screen, I did a reflash via usb and got everything working again and then the box died as I was watching tv, got an LG tv no signal message so restarted all was good for a couple hours then same again. Next day I came home to the tv being froze with no menus or anything working so I switch off and back on and as soon as the Linux logo appeared the LG no signal came back on. Did a bit of googling and then reflashed with the latest factory software followed by the latest vix software from openvix website. Same again blank screen straight after the Linux logo. I still have access via ftp just no screen.

Any ideas ?

Is there any way of doing a factory reset via ftp or deleting all files and starting from fresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi please can somebody help me

I updated via on screen update and it got stuck on the back up screen, I did a reflash via usb and got everything working again and then the box died as I was watching tv, got an LG tv no signal message so restarted all was good for a couple hours then same again. Next day I came home to the tv being froze with no menus or anything working so I switch off and back on and as soon as the Linux logo appeared the LG no signal came back on. Did a bit of googling and then reflashed with the latest factory software followed by the latest vix software from openvix website. Same again blank screen straight after the Linux logo. I still have access via ftp just no screen.

Any ideas ?

Is there any way of doing a factory reset via ftp or deleting all files and starting from fresh?

Last edited by a moderator:
you reflashed box with correct image did you double check and was not for the solo2 sat box?
when tv and box are powered off recheck or change hdmi cable to a different port?
with box ip entered into pc browser settings can be checked if using wrong setting?

you never ever factory reset reflash by usb and setup box from scratch newer image is different than my last one.

Yes change the hdmi cable and port .
Image are 100% the right ones.
Yes it’s still connected to ftp from my phone. What do you mean settings can be checked if using wrong setting ?

to me i think no update happened maybe image not compatible and box needs new image.
try an older image first and then latest for checking,try another tv even?

fb32bac1847964676cf8b58345a9b7b4.jpg

you use the fake remote on the left of screen to control box functions

what you did was enter the extras=no use above remote only.

Last edited:
I’ve set to 1080p now but still nothing, can I not do factory reset no ? Is there anything else I can check ?

sounds like you are going thru first setup as when box is first flashed,might have to save before one can exit?

It gets to the point where you adjust the screen and it say unable to load, or if I press no it does a loop back to the previous setup page. How do I save ?

adjusting the screen sounds like user interface where you adjust picture to fit screen and maybe green button to save or ok? red to close then exit back and out

Back