VU Solo2 clone

bigbadtom

hi all i a real newbie however i read a lot. I am trying to make decision between VU solo or duo.
A good offer has been given to me on sites including ebay for both however i dont want a clone what question would ye advise to ask to make sure its not a clone.
they have all lingo and are assuring that the new vix image has been flashed. but i not sure if to believe as price is very good for what it is.

hope some one can answer if not will just purchase second hand duo

solo is a single tuner as duo is twin and can fit internal hdd,buying from wos is the home of vix and original boxes only,duo is an older box now reduced in price.if you want to record the twin tuner you will need or the newer faster box solo2.

second hand could be a clone unless they have proof of purchase where it was bought.
missed the headlines having a clone means cant use original upto date images because of anti clone drivers.

Last edited:
solo is a single tuner as duo is twin and can fit internal hdd,buying from wos is the home of vix and original boxes only,duo is an older box now reduced in price.if you want to record the twin tuner you will need or the newer faster box solo2.

second hand could be a clone unless they have proof of purchase where it was bought.
missed the headlines having a clone means cant use original upto date images because of anti clone drivers.

so just to clarify the points you have made the duo is not good enough to record two items at once? so the advise would be splask the cash and buy the solo2 which if i reading other posts correct would be approximately 350 euro.

thank you for this.
solo2 is probably good enough for me i dont think duo2 would be any better for what i need but maybe i wrong

Think Duo2 you can add extra tuners. I only needed 2 feeds so went with the Solo2.

It's amazing pal!!!! Best purchase I've made in a very long time!!

duo2 is more linked to the high end user but the solo2 will be a great box for all,duo can record 2 channels at once if needed but with any twin tuner box if recording 2 at same time you may not view tv if on different tps=tuners in use.

thanks guys for all info. i upgrading from skybox f5 so think the solo2 is way more than what i used to and will suffice for my needs.
just one more question about purchase i know i annoying. i have 500 gb sata drive already i can just used that it does need much changes to the vix image am i correct.

by the looks of tonight ye guys will be getting to know me well ha ha

Haha.

When I bought mine from WOS I asked for a 500gb hdd to be added.

I think all ya need to do is open it up, attach (clean formatted) hdd via sata cable, and mount in the cradle. You may also need to delete the partition via windows first for the Solo2 to create its own usable one.

There will be a how to guide on WOS though lol.

Haha.

When I bought mine from WOS I asked for a 500gb hdd to be added.

I think all ya need to do is open it up, attach (clean formatted) hdd via sata cable, and mount in the cradle. You may also need to delete the partition via windows first for the Solo2 to create its own usable one.

There will be a how to guide on WOS though lol.

cheapskate lol,got a 1tb fitted.

Back