VU+ Turbo USB, How to install??

Karl0ss

Hope someone can help me, as I have spent a week trying this now and no luck....pain in the ar$e as it cost me £50...

I have a Zgemma h2h running Biohead image from 20170110....But the drivers for this device are not listed on the plugins manager.

A couple of users on this forum suggested it to me, so I thought it would work, but I am having real issues...

I believe i am looking for a "dvb-usb-turbo" driver, but it is not present atall, I have installed all "dvb-usb" drivers listed, but none have made my turbo work...

I am starting to thinking this will never work, so i'm wondering if anyone has one, and it works and they can supply me the driver for manual installation...or someone can point me to a USB DVB-C turner that they know definitely works and have drivers..

Hopefully someone can help me with the VU+ Turbo and I won't have wasted my money...

Thanks

Karl

Are you running ViX or ATV?
I use an opticombo and it won't show up at all under ViX even though the driver is installed. Works perfectly on ATV.

Biohead's image, so OpenATV I believe? Yeah I saw the opticombo, but they seem really hard to get hold of, and I was advised the Turbo would work, so what is why I got it... :(

Ok thanks for that mate, kinda hoping someone will know what to do with the Turbo...other than sell on...

also, does that stick work for Vermin? As I am wanting to run dual tuner for Vermin..

Last edited:
Are you running ViX or ATV?
I use an opticombo and it won't show up at all under ViX even though the driver is installed. Works perfectly on ATV.

Is this an additional tuner for cable so mkes zgemma triple tuner?

How do you set up will it work on openvix?

if you bought a better box that could run openvix things could be a little easier,plugins etc.i know drivers are there for both vu turbo and dvb sky on latter openvix images.thought all those images are fairly new and should have latest drivers?

Yes, this will add an extra cable tuner to your zgemma. It wouldn't work on ViX when I first got it but things may have changed now.
I will experiment when my new one arrives.

EDIT: I've just received my new opti combo tuner and can confirm that it now works on ViX as well.
It was just under £49 including delivery from Germany and arrived in 2 days.

Last edited:

Yes, this will add an extra cable tuner to your zgemma. It wouldn't work on ViX when I first got it but things may have changed now.
I will experiment when my new one arrives.

EDIT: I've just received my new opti combo tuner and can confirm that it now works on ViX as well.
It was just under £49 including delivery from Germany and arrived in 2 days.

Please could you set up a thread within this section of the forum on how you manage to set the third tuner up?

E.g. normally you only have tuner A and B, how would you add C?

Thanks

Also where can i purchase the one you purchased for £49 mate?

Last edited:
normally one inserts usb tuner when box is powered off ,power on download drivers and reboot box.box should now see your new tuner as named dvb/c and c or 3 depending how many tuners are on box.

Also where can i purchase the one you purchased for £49 mate?

Post number 4

Please could you set up a thread within this section of the forum on how you manage to set the third tuner up?

It really doesn't warrant a new thread. You simply install the opticombo driver, reboot and plug the tuner into usb and the third tuner then appears in tuner configuration.
Just set it up as per Bee's brilliant guide.

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Last edited:
normally one inserts usb tuner when box is powered off ,power on download drivers and reboot box.box should now see your new tuner as named dvb/c and c or 3 depending how many tuners are on box.

Ah ok, does the option of downloading the drivers come up straight after insertion on turning the box on from turning it off or are they downloaded via the plugins download section?

Thanks for a fast response.

Hope someone can help me, as I have spent a week trying this now and no luck....pain in the ar$e as it cost me £50...

I have a Zgemma h2h running Biohead image from 20170110....But the drivers for this device are not listed on the plugins manager.

A couple of users on this forum suggested it to me, so I thought it would work, but I am having real issues...

I believe i am looking for a "dvb-usb-turbo" driver, but it is not present atall, I have installed all "dvb-usb" drivers listed, but none have made my turbo work...

I am starting to thinking this will never work, so i'm wondering if anyone has one, and it works and they can supply me the driver for manual installation...or someone can point me to a USB DVB-C turner that they know definitely works and have drivers..

Hopefully someone can help me with the VU+ Turbo and I won't have wasted my money...

Thanks

Karl
Hi Karl,
Did you ever get this working?
Thanks
Paul

Back