VU+ Uno 4K

Naan_H

Hi all,

i recently had Virgin internet installed and am thinking about what type of box to get. I like the look of the VU+ boxes and dont mind paying a little extra for a bit more quality. I have an external laptop drive, 1TB that I will be using for recording.

I have recently acquired a 4K TV and was wondering if the Uno 4K box is worth considering with a DVB-C tuner? Would i have any benefit of getting this over the Vu+ Solo SE V2 ?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts. Thanks in advance.

vu+ best on market

i have vu+solo4k
with 4k tv
there are no 4k content as yet
but the box upscales to a very good picture

take into acount vu+ 4k will only run oscam
unles you use blackhole

vu+ brand box`s are great, you may aswell future proof with the 4k, no 4k content at the moment but will be in future but you would need to be comfortable setting up oscam

Was thinking about getting this box , but no 4k at the moment puts me off , never used Oscam but surely there is a few tuts to use it ?

Thanks for the replies, i am current using a H2S with satellite - which was easy enough to setup.

Why is OSCAM any different? Sorry i haven't researched it at all - how does it differ from mgcamd / ccam ?

Also what are the benefits of the different images used - i see blackhole mentioned but dont really know what the differences are.

with oscam you can use 2 lines at the same time and oscam will pick which line is best to connect to at the given time

Oh right - what about the claims it has 8 tuners too? Are these actually usable for recording multiple programs at the same time?

I still think the duo 2 is one of the best receivers out there I have twin cable and twin sat tuners in mine never had any issues and having an internal hard drive is much more convenient than external

Back