Vu wont boot or show channels???

ben_edwards

Hi, for the last few days my box seems to be playing up. It's only a month or so old.
After watching tv then say go to work, come home turn the tv on the channels are just blank. Channels 1-5 work everything else is just blank if you select it. It shows whats on in the epg but the channel is blank when selected. A few times it worked again by turning the box off and on at the back then letting it boot again but it takes 5 mins or more to work. The vix screen comes up but takes a long time to get past it, sometimes it says the box has crashed and needs to restart. When it does come on it always seems to start on the discovery channel????
Everything is plugged in as it should be, the line works as my f5s still works fine in the bedroom??

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried a fresh flash of the latest vix also have you installed any plugins or skins

Not yet, i had the shop i bought the box from install vix and the blue hd skin. The only plugin i think i've got is tsmedia. I'm still a bit of a noob to it all. How can i check which version of vix i'm running?

---------- Post Merged at 06:47 PM ----------

which cam are you useing mgcamd or cccam

i'm pretty sure i set it up as mgcamd

Do you power off the box or put it into standby as in switch it off at the mains

Just put it into standby mode. So it just shows the date etc on the display.

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 AM ----------

I can't get it to come on today. It's just stuck on the vix screen. The remote is unresponsive. It starts to boot, then says the box needs to restart but doesn't and stays on the vix screen with the blue loading circle going round in the corner?

Could well be the blue skin I don't use it personally you could try uninstalling the skin I use vix night myself

I'll do a bit a reading up then as i'm still a noob to everything. I'm just a bit worried about bricking the box. This might be a dumb question but.... the lastest vix image downloads as a zipped file, do i need to unzip it before i transfer it over to the usb and plug it in to the box?

Ok re flashed the box but I need to set it all up again now. I went through all the set up but couldn't get any channels at all. Couldn't even get the epg to display what was on so I must of gone wrong somewhere. I'll try again tomorrow.

Back