vuo+duo2 prob

i am new to the linux scene ,but experimenting,as you do..i have prob.i wanted to install the ccam for the sky channels etc.i followed instructions on web.installed blackhole.yes.put dreambox utility on computer.tryed it.found computer i.p.found router,and vuo+ i.p. also.lights came on telling me connection was on.telnet etc.was then told install the file into temp folder.which it said had worked ftp or something..then told me to go to receiver .install lpk packages.all this goes well 30 times....because it comes up with ...nothing to install.you have to install lpk package.....which as i have said.i thought i had done..i even put the dreambox thingy onto another laptop,but same results.as i said i have went thru all the insructions till i am pulling my hair out...only thing i can think is the file is not being recognised,but to be honest i dont know what to try..any ideas please.anybody had similar prob..tnxs bobby..ps.i am bald ,so the hair pulling is not important

Install an image [ vix is good ] Then you need a cam plus a connection line[ c line ] to get sky channels, connect to your box with a file transfer proggy, go to etc and drop your Cccam.cfg file in there [ this file should have your c line in it ], come back out to root, then go to urs/softcam, and put your Cccam file in there, come back out, there got to your image and fire up the cam, channels should appear ???

Last edited:
thanks pal,,av got so far,but strugglingi found and installed file duo2cfe v2.now finding link for vix.will update you.tnxs bobby

no m8,not on vix.. [ well I've never used usr/keys ] always been etc...

Last edited:
yes they went into temp..but machine said i hadnt installed any ipk..i am now using filezilla wirh vu control centre.which loaded them in,but now getting software error checker across screen .i believe this relates to the cam.i now havw tweezers pulling little hairs out my bald head..but i now can flash the openvix and blackhole with confidence,,so i dont mind starting again..its just the cam bit that is stumping me..ps .the software checker didnt come up when i disabled the cam settings.so think that is prob..but dont know where i gone wrong

Last edited:
If you are run the VIX image, then go to menu/plugins, and download the cam from their feeds ???

think i,ll ll try the vix again like you say.all experience,hope my probs help somebody else.when i do things thru the usb ,i dont have a prob..i used to program my old humax thru cable,put codes into card thru programmer,but these boxes r another level (for me anyway)..thnxs for all the input..will update my woes and wins..ps at least my kodi works when i put b-hole or vix back into my system

---------- Post Merged at 06:46 AM ----------

If you are run the VIX image, then go to menu/plugins, and download the cam from their feeds ???
right pal.sorry 2b nuisance ,but have installed vix and downloaded the cam..what now /??

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 AM ----------

managed to load auto bouquet plugin and loaded it.and it worked.thats a couple more i can do .but still no s-y yet.i bought 12 month present but dont know where to put it yet..by the time i figure it,my 12 mnths will have run out..lol..bobby

Last edited:
Menu/softcam.cl/softcam manager, then the colours down the bottom of the page, yellow to enable softcam, and then blue to start cam [ if memory serves me correctly m8 ] and you should then have a green tick next to the named cam that you have downloaded....

cheers pal.only thing is the colours are green to start .and blue to enable or disable(in case anybody else is following your advice)..got the green tick..thank you..i downed cccam 2 3 0 ,i couldnt see the one you said up above(you said c line for the s-y channels)thats the one i want to input my lnks..but at least i have the setup procedure to this point...i will try to figure it out from here.tnxs for your help.let you know what happens??? good or bad...what you showed me today,as had me going round in circles for over a week..bobby

no just said in case anyone else was trying it....only prob i am now gertting softcamcheck error,i was getting on blackhole it fills most of the screen

hi wullboy... i saw a thread on loading the file on usb ..so i now have cams in and the panel setup,but stuck on next bit..and have a few cams but dont know which one for s-y channels..i have two 12mnth presents that i bought.......-tv and .......-tv.xyz....with usename and password,but got no info,what to do with them.i contacted him before buying told him my box etc,said that was fine and sent them to my email.with no instructions,gave me his fone number ,rung him,but he has just had a stroke,so he was hard to talk too to b honest,told me if i couldnt sort to ring him,but feel he knows no more than me...so thats why i have tried this,and am getting there,with help,eventually.just mebe just bought openbox

Last edited:
Rob, you'll need to edit out the server/dns names! Not allowed...

dont know how 2b honest..soon as u mention sly,it goes quiet.i get answers for everything else..and am plugging away,but long trek..dont suppose someone can p.m. me with this sensative imfo,then it wud b private.its like everything else,once you know ,its easy. peeps givin me bits,but it is bit complicated for me as newbie to linux,but i will get there eventually,i think...can someone with box set up not send the image with all the imfo on..or would that b2 easy...tnxs for reply..bobby..

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 PM ----------

ahh got ya..told ya i was bnewbie.... put some dots in...lol... i cant use them ,but got to wipe them out..

Back