wanting iptv what box?

danh90

Hi. im looking at getting iptv and wondering whats the best box to run it on and most simple to use?
had the old star2s box when was run on satellite but never used iptv

cheers

Depends on your budget and what else you would like to run on the box, for instance if you have a satellite dish aswell , there would be a few options, i would go for a zgemma h2h if that was the case, if its just iptv then a mag box or Amazon fire tv box or an Amazon 2nd gen firestick would do the job, but be warned finding a decent provider is the hardest part of all.

Depends on your budget and what else you would like to run on the box, for instance if you have a satellite dish aswell , there would be a few options, i would go for a zgemma h2h if that was the case, if its just iptv then a mag box or Amazon fire tv box or an Amazon 2nd gen firestick would do the job, but be warned finding a decent provider is the hardest part of all.
i have a satellite dish yes and feeds still coming in from my old box my internet speed is great too so would you suggest just a h2s then run iptv on that

Thats what i would do , but my situation may be different from yourself, i am happy becausemy h2h covers me for cable, sat and iptv if i decide to go with that, but cable and sat does me for now. A zgemma with a sat only or a dual tuner for sat and cable are arond the same price £60 to £70, a mag box would be something similar, but the firestick would be £30 or thereabouts, you will probaly get a few other suggestions for alternative types of boxes from other members on this thread too, choices choices, eh?

Well then do you have any sort of virgin tv package of them, like the basic tv deal
yeah just have their basic tv package but its shit dont like the setup of virgin tv tbh and want the sky setup. ive sorted a H2S box so going to give that a whirl on a iptv line

Ok , but i have similar to yourself, i have the new v6 box, its mainly for the mrs as she does not really know her way around the zgemma box, it has the basic package, we paid them the extra £5 a few months back for sky one, living, fox etc, i use the zgemma for all the sports, movies, and cartoons for my 2 grand kids, plus the iptv plug in on the zgemma is brilliant for the latest movies and tv series and is part of the zgemma. I would go down the cable route if i were you instead of iptv and get a h2h sat and cable tuner and that would mean you are also covered for iptv in the future if you want it, for me its a no brainer mate, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yeah mines is a dual tuner does the job rightly, plus with xtream editor there is always the option of iptv. One of my sons cant get cable so he has iptv on a mag box 256 i think it is, he likes it ok , rather than perfect player on his firestick, which he had before he got the mag.

I have a few different boxes.
Vu duo 2
Zgemma h9s
Zgemma h2s
Mag box 256 and 322
Firestick with perfect player

I use a FireStick 2nd gen, but certain channels don't play, just buffer. If I then play the same channel, same provider and same ISP on my phone it's perfect.....no idea why......same app as well.

Back