wanting iptv what box?

Firestick would run rings around a zgemma for picture qualty, vod access etc, especially new Alexa model. I would keep the zg for its tuners and use a cheap Android box (x96 mini) or Alexa firestick for iptv. No comparisson. zgemma isnt really designed for iptv, on the majority of models, the cpu is too slow as are there memory. Any provider that uses cf to protect there ip can cause zgemma to glitch whilst all other devices will be perfect.

Last edited:
My sons iptv on his firestick is very good, from what i have seen of it, but i have tried the odd test myself over the past few months on my zgemma using xtream editor and i never really noticed any difference in picture quality compared to his firestick, its been the quality of the iptv service thats been the problem.

Currently using H2H & H52TC for cable/sat but have just started to take IPTV tests. As a sports fan tests so far have not impressed me in respect of 'trailing' (if that's the correct term) where the ball (tennis, cricket, football) leaves a line across the screen. My question is, is this a supplier, box limitation issue or should I accept this is the IPTV payoff?

Bottom line is iptv is hit and miss and for some and not for others, i know some people just have it to access the 3pm kick offs only and i myself sometimes use it for RTE channels when theres football on as sky and vm block it out over in N-Ireland, i like it for the studio chat as it can be very good, its really only when theres a tournament on like the world cup, in a few weeks i will take a months sub out just for that.

Currently using H2H & H52TC for cable/sat but have just started to take IPTV tests. As a sports fan tests so far have not impressed me in respect of 'trailing' (if that's the correct term) where the ball (tennis, cricket, football) leaves a line across the screen. My question is, is this a supplier, box limitation issue or should I accept this is the IPTV payoff?

Hi mate you may want to try and turn off these features depending on your tv.

Samsung Auto motion Plus
Sony Motion flow
LG TruMotion
Panasonic Motion Smoothing
Other Tv's you may have to find there equivalent.
Hope this helps give it a try.

Just swapped over to a cheapo android box my provider recommended it. Tx3 mini.

Better than my zgemma hands down, it doesn’t glitch stop or anything. On the zgemma the same line was awful.

My zgemma died a week ago so needed a cheap fix which will stay and replace the zgemma

Hi mate you may want to try and turn off these features depending on your tv.

Samsung Auto motion Plus
Sony Motion flow
LG TruMotion
Panasonic Motion Smoothing
Other Tv's you may have to find there equivalent.
Hope this helps give it a try.

Have disabled Intelligent Frame Creation (Panasonic Viera auto smooth) and will try different supplier. Cheers

Ok mate sounds like another supplier who has no control over there streams, very common has they are all resellers usually from the same source.

Any box designed for streaming will suit your needs. What you need to decide is do you want android ,eniigma 2 or a mag box.

People from the old c/s days normally choose enigma 2 boxes they are a little more difficult to setup. however, you can put on a sky skin and the epg looks better than any other box.

Android boxes are very popular and are very easy to setup using either a stbemu or some suppliers even have there own app.

Mag boxes are a popular choice these are without doubt the quickest and easiest boxes to setup

All boxes play iptv perfectly, Most importantly you must a a good supplier, good solid internet speeds and a wired connection is a must.

Back