Weak Signal on some HD Channels

Cheers ste, will pick some up tomorrow and try. If I wanted to keep the other connection in play for the future is there a better splitter I could use and replace the one in the brown box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your feed is being weakened by that splitter, follow as ste said. You might wanna clean out the cobwebs, keep it all nice n tidy.

If you tidy up the outside box and get rid of that splitter, I'm sure your find no issues to your box, even without the hdu. At least now you know where the fault is

I would of been outside last night in the pitch black sorting that brown box out lol. I'm gonna check mine when I get home.

Installed the f to f connector and it's marginally better but still breaking up on sky sports news hd. It's upto AGC 9% now was 6% before. Going to try hdu again now

Makes no sense, plugged the hdu in and the agc is now at 17% and the snr is at 64% but the picture is just black with no sound. But without hdu the picture is there but pixalated with sound.......

Sometimes you have to unplug the box, fresh service scan then run the ABM and do the epg import, it's just the way it is, trust me have done loads of testing like this. Make sure you have the correct net ID

Thanks Simon when you say fresh service scan, is this a manual scan? Previously just let Abm pull in the channels?

Thanks Simon when you say fresh service scan, is this a manual scan? Previously just let Abm pull in the channels?

Yeah it's a manual scan, as long as the net id is correct it should pull in about 587 channels?

I think it will either be an issue with the area id or the usb dvb-c tuner. I used a usb dvb-c tuner with atv6 and it was pixellating badly.

What area are you in? wondering if any members live local to you with a dedicated cable box who may be able to try theirs at your place.

I'm in the West Midlands, I've checked on a neighbours official box and the net id is correct. I may have to take the plunge and sell my solo and buy a new box. Just running manual scan now to see

Back