Weak Signal on some HD Channels

Only through USB unfortunately, solo 2 doesn't have a internal slot. 40% and 202 channels so far.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

567 channels scanned in but still the same issue. Looks like I'll just have to live with it for now

Yeah it's a vu+ turbo tuner. Did the manual scan and then re ran Abm. I haven't re run epg importer, should I clear the epg first?

Thanks Simon, I'm out now so will try a bit later. Just to some up I've changed the isolator, removed any splitters and added a hdu but still the problem persists. All that's left is the cable from outside, the tuner or the signal may just be weak from the green box. I just don't understand how most channels have over 90% signal and then some just have none at all.......

Hmm another test box will eliminate if it's a USB tuner issue. Apart from that you would need a different HDU in the brown box. Or get a virmin engineer to beef up the line.

EPG didn't fix it, will just live with SD versions for now. Can't justify a new box right now, already spent £40 trying to fix it and it may just as simple as virgin need to turn up the signal which isn't going to happen any time soon :-(

Might be an issue with the cable coming from the cab in the street to your house. It has been known for the incoming coax (from the cab on the street to a customers address) to deteriorate with age. If some channels are coming through ok without any issues and your signal level is ok then that could explain it. The cable may no longer be stable when used at higher frequencies. The way to tell if this is the case is to tune into a channel that is in the higher frequency range. If the picture is stable then its most likely a signal quality issue that can be cured with use of a signal booster. If the picture is pixelating or jumpy. This could point towards the cable being no good and a re-pull from the cabinet may be required. If you have a neighbour with a VM connection. Try the box at theirs first.

Last edited:
If you don't have a package from vm and you're unlucky enough to need a re-pull from the cabinet, depending on how close you are to your nearest neighbour, it may be possible to piggy back off their connection, if you can gain access to their brown or grey box on the outside wall of their property.

Last edited:
We think the issue is down to the USB tuner, as there's no direct dvb-c, normally the street cable to brown box and then to white box with no split feed is more than enough. Otherwise a hdu should more than work.

Back