Weak Signal on some HD Channels

Needs to be screwed up finger tight and then get a normal spanner and just nip it up perhaps an 8th of a turn.
It needs to be tight but not over tight

0975a02b8cf5af9653aadfe98a1cd5b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could try this... find the main cable feed from the splitter in the picture and connect it to the isolator
then run a lead from the isolator to your usb box..

Saw something similar to this a while ago on another forum where a guy was having a similar problem turned out to be a fault in the cabinet on the street where a virmin engineer had been sent out to replace a feed from the cabinet to a property but he decided to do a piggyback connection to the neighbours line and it was causing all sorts of weird problems with high end frequencies etc and even seen them do it from a neighbours box on their property without them even knowing

You could always rip out all the cables from your home back to as far in the street as you can, then order a new vm service and get all cabled up nicely then cancel within 14 days.

Virgin Fibre it is then, although I'm in contract with sky till november :-(

Drive is block paved, don't really fancy ripping the cable up :) I presume Virgin will be able to increase the signal etc without having to lay new cable, don't fancy having the drive dug up?

Yeah agree with southsimon you get a cooling off period to cancel and most of the time the line will still be left active in the cabinet etc and the virmin will / should check the feed from the main branch on the street upto brown box on your property to check for any problems etc

No objection to moving to Virgin BB instead of sky as i need internet and the cost is not a lot of difference. Unless you tell me, virgin BB is awful, looking at 100mb package??

As for digging your nice block paving up that would only be under extreme circumstances etc normally if a problem with your feed from the branch on the street to your property the virmin engineer would disconnect from the branch in the little black grate on attach a new line and pull it through and reconnect like i had done

Yeah i got 100mb package running 2 boxes and a pc a laptop 3 tablets and 2 playstation 4's and seems to cope ok with the download n upload etc i was on 200mb package but didnt really notice much difference

Apparently, I’m eligible for their quick start kit which means they just send me the router and away I go. So no checking of the cables, I presume they will still increase the signal levels from there end if I opted for this option?

As you've tried a HDU which it supposed to bring signal levels in line with VM standard already, I can't see this making a difference.

When you get a router hooked up though, you will at least be able to see levels on there.

If they do need to run new cables, they can also run them around the wall if need be.

Yeah ya should get a leaflet with the modem with a number on to ring to do the self activation to register it etc if theres any problems with the signal he will adjust accordingly etc hope you get it sorted

If it were me I would get rid of the old and have a fresh new setup, just makes sense then you know it all works. the starter pack is about £32 a month, bb tv and phone. If your cables are already degraded why just have a modem sent?? It really sounds like you need an engineer to do a proper job. Hope you get there in the end. Still cancel within 14 days don't forget !!

Yeah cant beat having all new cabling etc all mine was at least 20 years old and my brown box outside said Diamond cable on it lol

Thanks for all the advice, I’ll take out their basic package of 100MB including TV and phone as it’s the same price as the broadband on its own and get them to install it all. Won’t leave after 14 days as will still need the broadband from them.

I'll probably go through all of this and then they'll introduce a new type of encryption :mad:

I bloody hope they dont i only had 6 months on the sly side before it went dark lol if you intend to keep the tivo /v6 box connected ask the engineer to put a splitter in with a spare feed on it so you can connect your own box aswell usually they will oblige but dont mention its a c/s box or you will get some strange looks lol if he aint got a 3 way splitter to install its not the end of the world they dont cost that much to but etc ok

Back