Weak WiFi signal

Hi all,

My Virgin Media WiFi is ok downstairs but quite weak upstairs and my smart tv keeps freezing because if this, can anyone recommend a device to stop this so I get good WiFi upstairs as I do downstairs?

Thankyou

Hi all,

My Virgin Media WiFi is ok downstairs but quite weak upstairs and my smart tv keeps freezing because if this, can anyone recommend a device to stop this so I get good WiFi upstairs as I do downstairs?

Thankyou
Try t.plinks 600 nano work great Curries sell them 25 pound never let me down

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice but isnt that just good for one device? I do happen to have a tp link in a drawer somewhere , I want something that will make the whole upstairs better, am.I correct in what I am saying or is it WiFi also?

Thankyou

Thanks for the advice but isnt that just good for one device? I do happen to have a tp link in a drawer somewhere , I want something that will make the whole upstairs better, am.I correct in what I am saying or is it WiFi also?

Thankyou
You could try adding additional router
Or moving the main router There is a section in the form where members have
Recommended Additional routers to purchase

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

using longer lan cables is better as one room in the back had pipe work going through the ceiling so included a lan cable and a switch for hook up.

Ok thanks for the info, there is another part to this question then if I use Ethernet cables, my router only has 4 sockets and I will need another 2 ports at least, is there something I can buy to get more ports, I do have a double adapter but it causes everything to freeze that way?

network switches come in may different sizes 4 = ?? as most of my rooms have an 8 port as always something else is added later in life.what sort of double adapter?

What I have is a RJ45 Ethernet lan network Y splitter 2 way, if you put that into eBay it should come up. I have had a look at network switches though and i think that will do the job

Back