Web TV on Openbox

colinwebb

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can’t find any answers. Months ago I lost all Sly channels on my Openbox V8 and left just freeview I’ve not used it since. Someone mentioned a file can be downloaded to USB to set up the box to get back the channels via web tv. If this is possible where can I obtain such a file?

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I can’t find any answers. Months ago I lost all Sly channels on my Openbox V8 and left just freeview I’ve not used it since. Someone mentioned a file can be downloaded to USB to set up the box to get back the channels via web tv. If this is possible where can I obtain such a file?

Useless unless you have a internet speed less than 2mbps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Someone asked about iptv on openbox v8s sorry if posted in the wrong area lol

No mate didn't get your reply I thought faster internet the better for Iptv less than 2mb wouldn't work ??
Correct ! The faster the broadband the better but to be honest the openbox v8s processor isn't that good for iptv. Mag 256 wi box is far better for iptv.

Hi Guys, I just need to jump on the band wagon here, my mate has given me an old openbox v8s, I have found random m3u files for webtv and installed them, I get a channel list but none of them play. it just says waiting then screen flickers then goes black. I am trying to do a firmware update, but the only link I could find on here tried to install then says hardware mismatch.

I did see someone asking for a beginners guide to setting up an openbox, but none was given (I could do with one)
I have never used one of these things before and been reading stuff till my mind has gone numb all day.

I also see lots of people talking about C or N lines and servers, is this something I need ?

Cheers

Hi Guys, I just need to jump on the band wagon here, my mate has given me an old openbox v8s, I have found random m3u files for webtv and installed them, I get a channel list but none of them play. it just says waiting then screen flickers then goes black. I am trying to do a firmware update, but the only link I could find on here tried to install then says hardware mismatch.

I did see someone asking for a beginners guide to setting up an openbox, but none was given (I could do with one)
I have never used one of these things before and been reading stuff till my mind has gone numb all day.

I also see lots of people talking about C or N lines and servers, is this something I need ?

Cheers
The m3u for webtv are different from other m3u that are used for smart iptv app or perfect player etc, C lines, N lines have limited channels now.

First update your box to have the latest Firmware that supports IPTV.
Switch off the box from the mains once the update is done.

Then download the m3u file (Get a test line from the IPTV request section) and rename it to webtv.m3u and put on a empty USB.

Put the USB into Openbox and Go to Webtv section
Select Delete all channels then Press update
Press the Yellow button and the IPTV channels should load.
Also watch this:
Get a trial from the IPTV request section and follow the above instructions.
I can't find a working update, last one was 2015, and I have done a test line and works fine, just need a provider, (or a free server) if there is such a thing, This box is not mine I am fixing for a mate, I am just learning about this stuff,
cheers

Back