What am I doing Wrong??? I give up Please help

Hello All

firstly massive respect to Bees for the set up guide,

I bought a new box BM5000s from ebay original box

unpacked it followed the guide, entered my line (from a trusted reliable source been with him some time)

nothing still scrambled,

Thought maybe internet, checked internet IP was showing all good there

Went back to server asked him to double check N Line, that was also ok

Added latest firmware can enter 9991 added blank config file entered line via USB and also via remote but nothing,

I have trying this now for the last 48 hours and it is getting immensely frustrating.

I simply cant put my finger on what the problem is, i am fairly adept and have had VU DUO in past etc so now what i am doing (well apparently not lol)

But now i give up and thought i would post on here,

as it may be something simple that I am missing out on, any suggestions guys.

oh and checked the spaces when entering line no extra spaces etc,

Someone please help,

Thank you in advance.

Is the box flashing at the ethernet port ?

Also do any of the internet apps work ?

Hi bees (legend) thanks for replying

Have checked the Ethernet port it is flashing

Downloaded channels via blade online

Did not check the apps but I am home from work in 20 mins will check then

What do you suspect internet problem? Everything else is working fine on the net

If you can update your channel list / EPG then your box is connected to the net so it's not likely to be an internet issue.

It's more likely a problem with your line either a typo or your server has not given you a live line.

Couple of options try a test from elsewhere, or PM me your line and I will tell you if it's live or not.

If it's live here I can Email it you back in a config file and you can try loading it that way.

Got to go out now, will check back about 8.45 if you want me to test it.

Last edited:
pm sent mate, its gotta be something small or basic i bet ya

---------- Post Merged at 09:33 PM ----------

Bees you the man, it was the config file, mine was different i must have downloaded it from somewhere else, i did not think all the entries were needed just the N was the important part,

anyways you have saved me a lot of headache,

now i can finally play around with it.

now i just gotta get the channels in some sort of order pressing 1 shows up some channel called stv :S

You should have a "group" or "fav" button on the remote to sort them into sport, films etc

Is it important to load the blank .cfg file first, can I just load my .cfg through USB and not bother loadijgvthe blank file. What's the importance. Thanks lads.

hi guys newbie here, hello all, i just bought the blade 5000 to replace openbox pvr,do i need different firmware than whats pre loaded?

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ----------

did you sort mate? i have same issues,ta Sean

Back