What are my options for VM?

AliceEle

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here and this is my first post, I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I was hoping some of you could assist me in choosing and setting up a zgemma box/or something else.

I recently moved out of my old place, I used to have some sort of internet box that my brother set up for me. It was ok but a little glitchy.

I've now moved. My new place already has vm internet installed, there is also a vm tv box, but it only has free channels (no subscription).

Ideally the channels I'm looking for would be sports, I enjoy watching F1, cricket and UFC and occasionally some american tv shows.

As vm broadband is already installed, I'm thinking that a Zgemma box with a vm line would be the best and easiest option for me? Does anyone think otherwise? I don't really have the diy skills to be messing around with motorised satellite dishes on the roof.

I am pondering purchasing the Zgemma H5.2TC box. It seems a reasonable price from the supplier advertised here and commenters here say it runs faster than some of the older Zgemma boxes, also this brand seems to have a lot of support/info about them here.

I've had a look at this forum for flashing a wooshbuild image and it seems fairly straightforward. I have an abundance of coax cable and a draw full of usb sticks. I'm guessing all I need is a splitter and to put in a request for a vm line.

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Alice

yes, if you have a live VM feed into the house, you just need a Cable box like the one you mentioned, others are available, and also a VM line and you're good to go
please bear in mind the HD Sky Sports channels don't work but the SD sports are fine.
the other HD channels, Movies, Kids, Entertainments etc are all intact

yes, if you have a live VM feed into the house, you just need a Cable box like the one you mentioned, others are available, and also a VM line and you're good to go
please bear in mind the HD Sky Sports channels don't work but the SD sports are fine.
the other HD channels, Movies, Kids, Entertainments etc are all intact

Thanks Pablo :)

vm all the way untill it goes black then theres plenty other ways to watch your tv shows out there

Back