What are the chances of the cable feed being active if moving to another BB?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
With vm at the moment but if i move to another bb what the chances of the cable feed still being active?

Will it go off in the future?

cant think why anyone would want to do that but as long as you have BB with someone you should be ok, VM hardly ever physically disconnect from the property or cabinet

Unlikely but possible - having an active service will always guarantee a connection... VM need customers and you're essentially getting their TV for free so I wouldn't begrudge paying them something for their internet service.

Yeah totally agree with beaky and ste very rare they disconnect nowadays only on the possibility that it will only need reconnecting in the future etc only time we ever had a disconnection in our area was when miss daisy at top of street decided to reverse her new audi a4 into the cabinet and wipe most of the street out much to everyones displeasure has you can imagine

Yeah totally agree with beaky and ste very rare they disconnect nowadays only on the possibility that it will only need reconnecting in the future etc only time we ever had a disconnection in our area was when miss daisy at top of street decided to reverse her new audi a4 into the cabinet and wipe most of the street out much to everyones displeasure has you can imagine

Maybe you could offer Miss Daisy some free driving lessons lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last person I spoke to about this very scenario had no activity in her vm cable and I said it was unlikely to be disconnected and that it could possibly have been damaged in her garden.
She got vm out for a minimal package and they had to put a new cable in as it was damaged.
Moral of the story is, they rarely if ever disconnect from the green cabinet.

Yeah in my area the cable from branch on street is buried in garden less than 6 inches in ground and had a few instances of people having work done in garden by fencing companies etc and the cables getting damaged etc

Thanks for all your replies it's just that the prices are going high for BB so may have a move in the future.

I got in touch with them to complain as I only had 10mb roadband and telephone, no tv and was paying about £38
They offered me 50mb for same price, this is when I told em to stuff it as I don't DL hardly anything, they offered me '20 for 20' which isn't advertised anywhere. 20mb BB capped at 20gig and it's £26, this is permanent and won't go up for at least a year

Yeah sounds like you might have to increase limit i dare not look at my monthly usage when i have a house full at weekend so many devices connected and i bet usain bolt is knackered delivering a superfast connection lol

If the feed is dead when you move, you can get a new vm package installed and then cancel within 14 days. The feed stays live. Very rare it's disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back