What box????

ben_edwards

Hi, new to the site. I've currently got a skybox f5s which is coming to an end this month. Rather than renew it i want to change the box for a vu box so i can record and also have a better epg. I'm not sure which one though? I've been looking at a vu+ duo from world of sat with a HDD. Is this a good choice of box and source? I'm a bit confused by the firmware choices? what are they and what are the differences??
I've read on another post not to get a box and gift from the same source. Where can i get a good steady gift source from and also is the gift easy to install on the box when purchased?

Thanks for any help.

bit dearer but better and faster is the solo2 as the duo and solo might be nearing an end,images are getting bigger new drivers etc can make old boxes run slow,wos yes top place ,image is a choice but many use vix,we have a cable or sat request on forum for your line when needed,i use nlines.tuts are on the forum to read,only thing is to use an ftp like filezilla to send 2 files over to box.

Thanks for the reply, so a vu+ solo2 would be a better choice now then? are vix and blockhole the apperance of the programme then? The skin? I read on here someone wanted to use a skin similar or as close to a sky epg as possible to keep the other half happy. (same reason for me!).
Ok so if i bought box then requested a line from users on here it should be pretty straight forward to instsall? I'm just a bit worried i'll buy it and won't be able to set it up. I take it from what i've read on here the difference between an f5s box and vu box is like night and day?? With a good line of course. Don't get me wrong the f5s has done me proud but glitches a bit and the other half doesn't like not being able to record properly or the epg with it.

E2 boxes are miles better than what you have got, whether you buy VU or another model, vix image is spot on
and should keep your missus quiet lol

there are guides on here and plenty of help about on here if you get stuck

also whats the difference between a solo2 and a solo2 se? How do you know if one is genuine and one a clone? I've just been looking on an auction site and noticed the different ones.

the amount of people that moved from openbox to vu solo2 were amazed at what a box can do,no channel lists run abm and have all in favourites and auto fixes when changes happen 7 day epg ,you wont forget your first duo,ps divorce wife so you have control over box lol

i dont take chances and no way buy from ebay=too many scammers,too many clones around,all vu models supported by vix are in their downloads.

Last edited:
That could be a better idea!!! haha.

The f5s was an ebay box but obviously alot less than the vu will cost so i don't fancy getting scammed. None of them seem to say they have vix installed either?

wos will ask you what image/hdd/usb/wifi you want ,i say vix,also get a 8gb kingston micro usb for rear of box for epg and picons and you will need a good usb if you have to flash box by usb
kingston/cruzer,integral all work as many dont.

Back