What can cause a server to be overloaded or have bad uptimes?

titooo

We are not using an IPTV server so we don't receive the streams via internet but coaxial signal.

If I'm not wrong (please correct me if I am) the server is just used to get authenticated and allow the receivers to get the signal properly.

I'm guessing that this wouldn't require too much bandwith neither cpu/ram usage in the servers. So I don't know what could overload a server to the point of causing freeze issues on the client side.

I'm just curious :)

Your sat box requests an unlock code every 8 seconds from the server who has real sly cards with the chip that is needed to return the unlock code to your box using the broadband.
the card can only unlock so many calls per second, so if there is more calls to the card than it can handle, then it will not answer your box request so your box would need to send a new request to the card.
if your box cannot get a re-release code within that 8 seconds then your picture freezes. its got nothing to do with the signal from the sat dish as that is always there, but the box has to uncode the picture which is done by a card, Has it would if you had official Sly the card would be in your own box.

Interesting... I thought those calls would be done once at login and then just after every few minutes, not every 8 seconds!

Is it exactly the same with servers for Vermin?

Yes exactly the same with VM, but the signal is streamed down the cable instead of the sat dish.

There are more cards involved in a VM server, I was told. Not sure how true that is, mind, or if it makes any difference, but cable servers seem to me to be more stable.

Now I have another question... Let’s imagine that I buy from 3 different servers.
Will my box request the code every 8 seconds to each server and get the fastest one? Or it will request it to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] one and only to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] one if the first fails?

Now I have another question... Let’s imagine that I buy from 3 different servers.
Will my box request the code every 8 seconds to each server and get the fastest one? Or it will request it to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] one and only to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] one if the first fails?
If you buy 3 lines (1 decent one is enough) then you would have to put them into Oscam to get the best experience out of them.

If you buy 3 lines (1 decent one is enough) then you would have to put them into Oscam to get the best experience out of them.

Thanks. I tested during a weekend a cable server that seemed to be stable so I will start only for one.

But a friend of mine has a satellite dish and I heard that some satellite servers aren't really stable, so as it's cheaper I tought about recommending him to get 2 or 3 :)

Thanks. I tested during a weekend a cable server that seemed to be stable so I will start only for one.

But a friend of mine has a satellite dish and I heard that some satellite servers aren't really stable, so as it's cheaper I tought about recommending him to get 2 or 3 :)

Yes that's fine, putting 2 or 3 sat servers is cheap enough to do, and it can be more stable if the servers use different sources.

I

Back