what equipment need if you want to set up card sharing for friends and family

trainee

hi guys
i am new to all this is there any guru who can guide me step by step if i want to setup card sharing for friends and family, i have full package for s*y and blade 7000s, what else i need can i use blade for this or i need a pc with linux(ubantu) and i have also got smargo usb card reader.

any further help will be great.

thanks in advance.:boo:

If your going to use a sat box best not to use it to watch tv as well,dm500 would be a better box as there cheap or set a pc up its down to how many u want to put on and how far u want to go with it lots of people say fam and friends.

If your going to use a sat box best not to use it to watch tv as well,dm500 would be a better box as there cheap or set a pc up its down to how many u want to put on and how far u want to go with it lots of people say fam and friends.
Thanks for reply but wat equipment I need to set the whole thing.

hi
as you have mentioned dream box, i thought you could buy the card reader connect to pc with linux/ubantu or do i have to get dream box 500 and connect then do the rest you know wat i mean. sorry i am just confused i will be grateful if someone can help. step by step will b appreciated.

thanks

hi sir
thanks for the link, i am trying to set it up with ubantu on my laptop but can not get putty to work it 's giving me error time out.
is it ok if i use a laptop for cccam.

For a laptop your possibly better of using a server like Oscam. You'll also need a cardreader. If your using Windows then i'd suggest a serial based phoenix type (assuming laptop has a serial port) or perhaps a smargo type. For linux the a cheap pcsc reader will probably work ok (omnikey etc) or again, maybe a smargo.

Oscam can be difficult to set up as its fairly comphrehensive but its usually well worth the effort as once set up its a doddle to keep running.

For a small friends/family server (less than 15 clients) i'd probably be more inclined to forget the pc/laptop an run everything on a dreambox as suggested above.

hi
as you have mentioned dream box, i thought you could buy the card reader connect to pc with linux/ubantu or do i have to get dream box 500 and connect then do the rest you know wat i mean. sorry i am just confused i will be grateful if someone can help. step by step will b appreciated.

thanks

If you start of with a dreambox 500s as it's very easy to setup and it can manage between 15-30 clients without any serious problems. Once you get the hang of that start reading up on pc based server setups as you will have a basic idea then. A dreambox is easy to flash and most of the firmwares have all the emulators and configs already built into the image. Google for a setup guide and you will get a lot of hits where people have setup each to their own way. Read as much as you can and take notes of all software hardware mentioned. This will give you the basics. I did have a guide somewhere which was written by "piopat". He has written a guide in great detail and it's very easy to follow. I post it here when I'm next on my pc.

Sorry to bring this thread back up... but reading above people saying a dreambox 500s can manage between 15-30 clients... if that's the case what would a full pc server be able to handle clients wise? as i have heard people mention both types.

I have also read up people using a virtual private server that you can get from web/hosts how many clients could they handle?

This is more out of interest but may try and build a small server mainly for fun really.

Back