What Happened to Bravo?

axxxo

VIP Member
Anyone know what happened to Bravo and Bravo+1 and if we will be given any replacement channels instead?
The one channel i watched and the dam thing is no longer available, typical!

Sorry to be the one giving you the bad news axxxo:

BSkyB to close Bravo and Channel One | Media | guardian.co.uk

Its a bad call from Sky! I've been watching Bravo since ages, especially enjoyed the A-Team on a regular basis and now thats gone too.. :(

I'm not with Sky so still have the 'Channel One' here. I'm not quite sure if thats going down for VM customers too?

Also read earlier, that the shows on these channels that are now closing down might be spread to Sky 1,2,3.

Hope that clears it up mate.

just came on to ask that question. cheeky gits.

still have channel 1 atm, just checked

Im with Ntl on the basic digital at the mo so channels are fairly limited on that package as it is, bravo was a great channel for me anyway, i still have channel 1 also but im going to give ntl a call tomorrow cos im down 2 channels on my package and i want 2 channels to replace them!!!!!!
Sky were probably losing ratings against bravo id say, probably cos its crap and riddled with ads, if only there was an adblock for tv like i use with firefox lol

I heard elsewhere axxxo that some of the bravo programmes might be spread out among sky 1 , sky 2 etc. So I`d say you`re spot on about the ratings ;)

Edit - Sorry, Dan already posted this above.

Last edited:
Great, me programmes destroyed with ads, its amazing how a half hour show can be turned into something nearly an hour long with all the commercials, some rule should be brought out to shorten the amount of adbreaks shown, moneysupermarket and comparethemarket an the rest a doing my head in and i cant even use them in ireland lol
Some adbreaks like that hair ad where cat deeley says "swish" all the dam time make me change the channel lol

Axxxo yes we are with VM im sure bravo went down b4 1st Jan - Hubby noticed it gone, think we still got channel 1 not sure as he dotn watch that much.
If you get a response from VM ( bet its not the one you want) keep us updated! we now got the tv L (at 6months 1/2 price) as hubby missed certain channels. We have also noticed that when you V+ a prog it says its 1hr 07 mins - But the actual prog is about 30-40 mins Plus if they took out all the repeat scenes on some progs they would run for about 20-30 mins! Does make you wonder what we pay for!!! Any why do they Not pre warn us that channels are going to disappear! :(

Ive just looked at that article and its dated September - so VM had plenty of chance to contact its customers and warn them and even find a replacement! same with sky i should imagine!

Last edited:
well i got in touch with upc today and questioned them over this and they said that ongoing talks are taking place at the mo discussing what going to happen over this and he said one of two things will be the outcome, 1 being that the bravo channel will come back and 2 that the channels programmes will be spread out between the sky channels 1 2 and 3.
I asked as i do not have sky3 as a part of my package if the programmes were to be spread out would i be given sky 3 and he said more than likely.
I also mentioned that channel one could be next and he said that neither sky or upc can control if a channel is to go off air, i said i dont care what goes off air once im given a replacement!
He said just to keep checking back over the guide to see if any new additions or changes have been made but also said that this could possibly take weeks.
Basically f**k off man :)

From the virgin media website....

Bravo Channel
On 1st January 2011 the Bravo, Bravo+1 and Bravo 2 channels ceased to be broadcast and Bravo Player was closed following a decision by Sky who are the channel provider. This means they are not available on any TV Service including Virgin Media and Sky.

While there is no replacement for Bravo, many of the popular programmes that are currently shown on Bravo will be moving to one of Sky's other channels. Full details of which are to be announced by Sky.

Challenge Jackpot
The Challenge Jackpot channel has been closed and removed from all TV services including Virgin Media and Sky. This decision has come from Sky who are the channel the provider and not Virgin Media.

Neither of these changes will affect any of the other channels you have in your TV package and there will be no change to your TV pack price; you will still be able to enjoy lots of great TV content including popular entertainment channels.

From the virgin media website :boo::boo::boo:

so basically we are still being charged and have less channels in our package but nothing they can do as its down to sky! so as Axxxo Said their attitude is TUFF!!! and they wonder why people look elsewhere to get tv channels!!

Oh they havent heard the last of me yet linny, they'll be getting a weekly shout on their free number :)

Just got a bill today from upc saying my digital plus subscription is being reduced to 3.75 euro per month, i wonder is this down to the fact of channels disappearing does anyone now?
I cant remember what it was before that though

Last edited:
Back