What Happened

dali546

I understand that Sky has released new encryptions on its channels, which will no longer work with our boxes and lines.
Is there any alternative. Now don't shoot me down mods. But I'm just asking, is there anyway to get the sports or movies or kids or other channels back. I don't mind if it's not HD.
Ive always used an Open box or Skybox with a line. But now I hear of all this Zgemma and oscam. Is there any ways that these channels are back
And then also down in the future, what's the best setup. Is it still safe to go down a Openbox route, or shall I move over to oscam or Zgemma or something else.

Please all help will be appreciated. I'm just trying to make sense of this all

I understand that Sky has released new encryptions on its channels, which will no longer work with our boxes and lines.
Is there any alternative. Now don't shoot me down mods. But I'm just asking, is there anyway to get the sports or movies or kids or other channels back. I don't mind if it's not HD.
Ive always used an Open box or Skybox with a line. But now I hear of all this Zgemma and oscam. Is there any ways that these channels are back
And then also down in the future, what's the best setup. Is it still safe to go down a Openbox route, or shall I move over to oscam or Zgemma or something else.

Please all help will be appreciated. I'm just trying to make sense of this all

you got cable services in your area?

Sat is pretty much game over my toes are still crossed but they are staring to hurt. If you have cable then you can get them on a cable box with a virgin line if not then IPTV or you could look into multi-satellite with a euro sub

Ok so how would I setup cable

If you've been lucky enough to have had vm services to your property then the signal IMHO will still be live, if not then at the very least you'll need vm bband so you can then split off from that feed.
Using the latter, you will need a two way splitter kit. your incoming bband feed going into the in part of the splitter.....leaving you two outs. One of which will go back into your vm router and one will goto the cable box.

Ok so in lamens term, you want me to use my Virgin line that goes to my router. You want me to split it into a box too. What if I have multiple boxes in my house

Ok so in lamens term, you want me to use my Virgin line that goes to my router. You want me to split it into a box too. What if I have multiple boxes in my house

You'll likely get away with two boxes with decent tuners, after that you'd be looking at a booster. At this point you obviously don't have multiple boxes so you can add as you wish. Every time you split the feed the signal gets lower.
The virgin line going to your router is the feed which when split will enable you to have bband and tv services

Ok I'm gonna say no to cable. So between IPTV and sat. What's the best box. And my sources say that a Zgemma box can get me the sport and movie channels (with the right line)

Ok I'm gonna say no to cable. So between IPTV and sat. What's the best box. And my sources say that a Zgemma box can get me the sport and movie channels (with the right line)

your sources are wrong as you wont get sports or movies on sat, iptv is your only way if not going cable route

Your only choice then is IPTV (streaming video) which isn't reliable or live - usually a couple of minutes behind.

You'll hardly get any channels via satellite except FTA mostly and a handful of other channels like BT Sports and a few others - you'll not be able to get any of the S*y sport channels or S*y movie channels or most other subscription ones.

Back