What is the best iptv only box?

Nicnicxx

Hello everyone,
I don’t have satellite dish, I am looking to upgrade my box from the Zgemma h2s,
I use iptv only and would like your knowledge to help me choose the best box for my needs,
I did look in iptv only section for advice, it’s a bit dated, sorry if it’s been covered elsewhere
Thanks again

Mag 256, reliable, updatable, well supported. A little on the expensive side.

For people on budget the Openbox VX is a great little unit, using one my self at the moment ;-)

Last edited:
Have used most mags .. They all suffer with issues.
Mag 250 solid but slow.. lots of clones
Mag 254 probably most reliable but discontinued ..
256 are imo a joke.used to turn itself off
Sound issues unresponsive remote control.I returned it back to w.o.s accompanied with a video..

Finally 322 informir latest edition . fast. But with teething problems. Sync issues.. informir have the sync fix issue . Just waiting for release on the next update.my Customers are very happy with 322..

Dont forget any iptv box is only as good as the provider used ..

formuler z7+ £92.00
Mag 322 . £65.

There is the link fix for sync issues below
http://paphospeople.com/ppforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33401

Last edited:
just got a formuler z7+ last week and it's best box I've used for iptv, much better than the mag256 I bought last year. Takes a few mins for the guide to load up when you initially launch it but firmware updates coming soon should sort this out.

just got a formuler z7+ last week and it's best box I've used for iptv, much better than the mag256 I bought last year. Takes a few mins for the guide to load up when you initially launch it but firmware updates coming soon should sort this out.
where u get it mate and how much?

Plex is just like iptv, its all down to your provider as to how good it is.. or isn't....If you want to run plex, then a roku box is very good for it ???

I have been really impressed with the new second generation fire-sticks recently, being able to have any android app like showbox or terrarium tv for your movies and tv shows, the Smart IPTV app for your channels is a breeze.

Last edited:
cheers, does the plex work good on this?
Standalone Plex app isn't as good as the box is mobile Android as opposed to Android TV but the Kodi on Plex plugin works spot on and it's what I use anyway as it direct plays better from Plex so less transcoding on the Plex server

Back