what is the best twin tuner to buy?

colinawfb

Hi I am running an openbox v8 at the moment but I am looking to go to a box that you can watch one channel and record an other , what is the best box to buy for this purpose and where's best to get it ?

Also can you program the box to record programmes when your not in the house

thanks for your time and answers

You can't set a box to record without setting the timer on the remote.

Have a look at some twin tuners running VIX from world of sat.

VU+ boxes have good reviews but if they are a bit expensive some of the other options
should be ok too

Linux boxes are "open source" and use 3rd party firmware known as "images"
VIX is an image, bit like choosing a version of windows on a PC.

"closed source" boxes use the box manufacturers firmware.

If you order a box, the choice of image can be loaded free, VIX seems to be the most popular choice at the moment.

colinawfb depending on what you want to pay depends on the box you get, for under £80 you should look at the zgemma Star S2, it has twin turner I suppose its a good starter box too.

Others on the forum may have some suggestions too :)

Re

colinawfb depending on what you want to pay depends on the box you get, for under £80 you should look at the zgemma Star S2, it has twin turner I suppose its a good starter box too.

Others on the forum may have some suggestions too :)

To be honest I'm looking for a box that does similar to my sly box hd , ie can watch One channel and record another , don't mind paying the extra for that type of box

You can do that with the zgemma Star S2. It can record 1 channel while you watch another also you can get the Sky Skin by fraggle121 or Blue HD to gtive it that sky feel/look if you install openvix.

If you goto the downloads section of this forum you can find sucmesee's backup which is easy to install and will set the box up for you.
ZgemmaStar 2s Vix 153 11.03.2015 sucmnsee

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=506

Last edited:
Back