What receiver to buy? / setting things up

Hi All

Im new to the whole satellite receivers and setting things up for CCcam/ clines and just looking for some hints and advice on what would be my best options for viewing pleasure, setting things up and what my best options are.

Currently with Sky and im not going to be renewing with them in December.

What would you advise me to buy satellite receiver wise? Im looking to be able to record and watch different channels so will be looking for a twin tuner receiver

What is the most suitable Enigma 2 firmware for me to have the receiver flashed with and best way to install CCcam? (Taking into account I have not done this before)

Also if I plan to watch and record different channels from the same receiver box would I need two clines?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Depends of how much you want to spend, Vu's are good but quite expensive, i wouldnt bother with openbox/skybox very basic , but the Zgemma Stars are great value especially if you have virgin in the area as you can still get HD through a verim line. if you gonna use sly then i would get a nline and use it through the mgcamd for the best results

hop this helps

Thanks Slymark

I'm looking to spend around £200-£250 region, don't mind a little more for better functionality and reliability.My street doesn't have virgin lines installed. I was looking at the VU+ duos, where would be the best place to buy these as there are a few suppliers and i don't want to buy any clones etc....also what would be the best firmware to have flashed onto the box etc?

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 AM ----------

Cheers dsayers

You will only need one line for recording and viewing.

Vix image is also very popular for E2 boxes.

There are guides on here, and plenty of help about.

Vu duo2 are excellent if you buy from world of satellite you will be assured of genuine article. I also had a v8s and zgemma and would say they have their merits. I think zgemma are a good place to start for your first go with enigma 2 for £70 you can use it for a few months and then dump it or sell it on then move onto a duo2

I would also take a look at this Xtrend ET8000 2x DVB-S2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready. can have upto 3 tuners and the spec is as good are better than the Vu duo2. at WOS

Recently got myself a Vu+ Solo SE v2, over the moon with the quality

i have used zgemma its a good box for the price but you get what you paid for

Thanks guys, appreciate all the advice. I had looked at the Xtrend ET8000 2xDVB aswell as the Vu+ Duo. Decissions decissions!!. Now just to find a reliable server......

tried lots of boxes,but now have vu+duo2 running vix 3.2 and I have to say I am very happy with it.Most boxes just don't have the performance of the duo+2

Back