What size USB for recordings?

Up to you really, depends if you record\delete stuff or want to keep it, I was using a 1TB drive but never really used anywhere near that, so now with the H2S box I have a 128GB micro SD card that does the job nicely for me

SD uses around a GB per hour, HD used 5 GB per hour. Only you can really decide how much space you need

SD uses around a GB per hour, HD used 5 GB per hour. Only you can really decide how much space you need

You probably know more than me, but those sizes seem rather large for recordings... [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There may be options to change recording quality but those values are correct for default for sucmnsee openvix image. In fact they are slightly conservative. If you have fast moving action like sports then HD can exceed 6GB an hour as compression is based on difference between one frame to the next. 3 hours of UFC on Saturday night on BT sports HD with setting to start 1 min early and finish 5 min late was just a wisker under 20GB in size.

Only microSD

Champion9, put your 16gb stick in the front USB and use it for timeshift duties, epg and swapfile. Get a 1tb hdd for the rear port to handle recordings.

I have just ordered a 128gb thumb flash drives the really small ones can I put this in the front for recordings and my 32gb flash in the back for timeshift epg and swapfile?

if you want to record stuff stop pissing in the wind and buying small remember you need externally powered hdd not usb and if recording in hd size will shrink.

Hi guys, new here and have a zgemma s2.plugged in my new seagate 1tb expansion hdrive into the back usb slot.it will record but wont time shift.as in pause, rewind live tv.any ideas on how to fix this?it is a usb powered hdrive
Cactikid is it true like you said,that you have to use a hdrive that has a power source?
Just dont understand how i can record and not timeshift onto the same hdrive.
Cheers again

usb hdd were made for pc storing files etc and dont seem to cope with pvr box recordings type recordings,i lost count of how many are using portable usb drives and having issues.never used timeshift so cannot comment.

I initialised it when i plugged it in at the start and it was successfull. I wonder if i initialised it again?
Cactikid if i got a large gb sd card would that do instead?

hello,
forgive the probably daft question but when something`s recorded onto usb stick can u transfer and save onto pc to watch?
i`m not going to be recording loads of stuff and thinking of getting either a 32gb or 64gb usb stick,
anything i want to save if it`s possible i can put it onto pc and go for the smaller usb stick,
thank you.

Back