What the hell have they done to Wooshbuild?

hearts

Wooshbuild used to be great but they added too much to it now and you cant get it installed unless you follow a load of shit instructions. They should have just left the build instead of trying to make everything automated.

Tried installing it the other day on an H2H and gave up because it wouldn't let me continue unless I went the way I didn't want to go.

Was great once tho and hopefully will be again when they get back to just the build to flash.

Only my opinion of course others may love it as it is now.

Feedback is always useful be it good or bad. Would be good if you could explain "gave up because it wouldn't let me continue unless I went the way I didn't want to go." In more detail though

I can't believe anyone would struggle to install it to be fair but as said it would be good to know what your boggle is with it :)

i personally thin woosh build is 1 of best out there as for setting up its so straight forward they made it so any one with no tech knowledge could install but like you say every one entitled to there opinion good or bad
ban-woohoo.gif

It is/was a great build and I have nothing but praise for the guys who made it. I just found it frustrating I had to go to another build. And as for " I cant beleive anyone would struggle!" I have done literally 100s of boxes with all different builds and I found Woosh great. I'd just like the base build no automation. I can't do anothe just now but I will and report back as to why I fould it frustrating. It was a problem with wanting to stop and change something if I remember right and it just wouldn't let me.

Well I have to say I just installed it (first time user of woosh) as I was failing miserably with setting up my duo2 for cable...

I am now at 77% scan and 317 channels found.... I think its great!!

Wooshbuild used to be great but they added too much to it now and you cant get it installed unless you follow a load of shit instructions. They should have just left the build instead of trying to make everything automated.

Tried installing it the other day on an H2H and gave up because it wouldn't let me continue unless I went the way I didn't want to go.

Was great once tho and hopefully will be again when they get back to just the build to flash.

Only my opinion of course others may love it as it is now.

wouldn't let me continue unless I went the way I didn't want to go.
What way did you want to go to get cable channels? Surely there is only one way, add the net ID and do a scan. No?

It must have been a long time sine you flashed WooshBuild to have just the image. Version 4 became fairly automated with v5 back in august which is 9 months ago as it is today. Hve you upgraded at all or stuck with the version you flashed originally? If you have upgraded to newer version how did you do that?

WooshBuild was never meant for more experienced users but for a way a complete novice to get a box up and running in 15 minutes, this wasn't possible before due to still needing to go though and configure things. Now it is guided to make it easier still.

WooshBuild has been improved upon on every release for new users and we still have users who started with v1 now using v6. But like I say, it was never intended for more experienced user.

There are alternatives which need configuring manually after flashing on a sat box,which was what WooshBuild was made for, WooshBuld gets you to run Cross EPG manually, everything else has already been done.

WooshBuild was made for the H2H again after us not supporting it as we have no cable. The speed in which the H5-2TC image has been downloaded though says we must have something right and that uses the same process as the H2H.

Tell us how we can improve it and we will do what we can.

Last edited:
Back