what's gone wrong ?

I set it all up and followed it to a T as far as im aware then setting up the dream box dm500s I get this first I get....

This serching menya thing and then after a message basically saying it hasn't worked, were have I gone wrong?

Thanks josh

Ps if theres any other guide on here whats the link :)

Attachments

• 20131119_183653.jpg
    20131119_183653.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 30
  • 20131119_182028.jpg
    20131119_182028.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 28
when BER 0 comes then you getting full signal and all channels clear with you otherwise it give freez or some transpoder missing in scaning

on above same position move ur lnb little left or right and saw BER is droping towards 0 if it drop then fix lnb on that position on dish anteena.

move your dish anteena litle left or right if BER drop under 100 then slight move upward or downward if it drop further then lock the dish anteena and scan your satellite.

when you got quality signal on that satellite on lock and sync green tick mark shows on you tv.

remember during adjusment dish anteena or lnb put your tv in front of your eyes then you see result of any little move you do with LNB or dish anteena

Aoa i just checked your video link you dish anteena not set on thor 1 thats why its not scaning any thor satellite channels.

i try scan my box manully at afternoon and make video for you show you how to put exact frequency for any satellite channels then check signal for that then press scan.

here is video to scan manully some transporder and make sure that your dish anteena is set on it.

in video shows press menu go to setup then service serching then manully scan now there select your satellite then put transporder frequency symbol rate poliratiy and fec then press ok for scan

for signal check

press menu go to setup then service serching then satfinder press ok now there you see signal is locked on top u saw DB 11.00 then snr is colour full and BER 0 now that mean your dish antena set and box ready for scan any transporder on that satellite.

i scan some transporder on that video in manully scan follow that

better first time manully put some frequecy(transporder) of satellite which you wana scan if you got signal on that then scan full satellite.

IMG 1731 - YouTube

Satabr thanks for that ill give it a try tonight and get back to you on it, on the other hand the dish pole is dead plumb it the dish installation went to the book if that makes sense it seems to be or well I think im doing something wrong on the dreambox although if i still struggle I will be looking for someone on here in the sheffield area to come and double check it over and see were its wrong and ill cover their cost.

Cheers all!

---------- Post Merged at 07:55 PM ----------

Oh dear its driving me made I got the BER to 0 now its gone back up grrr....

The dish is not aligned (pointing) at the correct satellite. Their are quite a few satellites up there. If you can't see your TV from your dish but you can hear it then their is another way.

Preload a channel bouquet which includes 1.0w. Once you have done this select a channel on a known strong transponder (12417v 28000), turn up the volume and head outside. Re-align the dish until you get sound.

you could also pick up a cheap sat finder for a few quid but this again doesn't tell you which satellite you are pointing your dish at.

What size dish are you using as this can also affect things as even though your dish is pointing correctly it mitt not be receiving enough signal for the DB obtain a lock.

Hope this helps.

Back