What's the best cable box

Hi I'm looking for a good cable box that records one channel and you can watch another at the same time and looks like virgin
I setup a zgemma h1 for my friend and that was ok but looking to do abit of recording
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Hi,
Depending on budget you could go up to the GiGa Blue QUAD or Mutant 2400HD.
You can add 3 x Cable Tuners, Record 2 & Watch 1. (If Line / Server permits Multi-Room)
1 Tuner = Watch
1 Tuner = Record
1 Tuner = Record
So 2 x Tuners = Watch 1 Record 1
etc.
You will need a splitter from your VM Router 1 to 4 (3x TV 1x Router).

The nearest to a TiVo replacement I found was this - Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver

Vu+ solo SE v2 has a 1 x twin dvb-c so record and watch another possible. It just has the 1 feed required for cable so similar to TiVo, you just need to add external HDD.
I use this box and can also recommend it.
I added an external 1Tb drive, and with this in place, two programs can be recorded while watching a third previously recorded program on playback

Thanks wizz I always seem to forget about two being recorded whilst watching playback, good to know [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm looking for a good cable box that records one channel and you can watch another at the same time and looks like virgin
I setup a zgemma h1 for my friend and that was ok but looking to do abit of recording
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

After careful investigation and lot of research on many boxes, I narrowed down to Zgemma h 2H as a cheaper option vs VU+ Duo2 than buy DVB C tuner which was almost four time expensive. BUT I finally purchase Duo2 with additional tuner. I must say, I am very happy with my purchase as i never regret buying a quality product. I hope this box will keep going for next good few years.

I have not bought any HDD drive but I might buy external HDD instead

vu+ duo 2 is a lovely machine, if you do get a hard drive you can fit a 2.5" or 3.5" internally. very easy to fit and if any difficulty there's videos on youtube to show you how. It'll save on using up your usb slots and keeps it neater.
if you have an android or apple device you can download the Vu+ app which allows you to stream from the box, watch recordings and control and set recordings etc.

Back