What's the deal with these Saudi Arabia ads on TV?

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Been noticing for past week or so adverts on prime-time TV for ...well I don't know really, it's basically just someone yakking about how Saudi Arabia has changed and how technologically advanced it's become. How SA and Britain are so good together and there's no end of opportunity and christ-knows what else but then it just goes off - there's no website, number or product shown, no agenda like, 'vote for this or that', just an advert saying how advanced SA is, what's it supposed to be selling?

Crown Prince Salman is now a state visit from Saudi mate, they're just making you aware of how good a relationship between the two countries would be!!!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Saudi crown prince launches ad blitz to promote London visit
Saudi Arabia's crown prince has commissioned a huge advertising blitz to mark his visit to Britain.

Saudicrownprince-20180306092349181.jpg

Sites booked include the main road between Heathrow Airport and London
Industry sources said the Saudis could be spending close to £1m on the campaign, which includes dozens of prime poster sites around London and newspaper ads.

"He is bringing change to Saudi Arabia," the ads say, with a large photo of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the hashtag #ANewSaudiArabia.

The ad takeover includes some many premium outdoor locations, including the Cromwell Road "domination" site, four screens in a row on the main A4 road from Heathrow to central London.

One source has estimated the ads could be appearing on as many as 50 digital outdoor poster sites around the capital.

The ads began appearing on Monday, ahead of the Crown Prince's meetings in London with Theresa May and the Queen, which are due to begin on Wednesday.

The 32-year-old prince is on a diplomatic mission to show that Saudi Arabia's conservative rulers are willing to modernise.

He has already showed his ambition after he ordered an anti-corruption crackdown last November when scores of leading Saudi business figures were detained and their assets seized

what's he after then?
you don't spend a million wing-wangs unless you're hoping to get something out of it...don't think we're short of sand just yet and we can't use any more oil than we already do...he's up to summat :emoji_dromedary_camel:

what's he after then?
you don't spend a million wing-wangs unless you're hoping to get something out of it...don't think we're short of sand just yet and we can't use any more oil than we already do...he's up to summat :emoji_dromedary_camel:
Probably a trade deal marketing brexit

As I understand it, and please check the facts as I'm quoting from memory, but the Saudi National Oil company (the name escapes me) are looking to float on the London Stock Market. They are hoping to raise funds from releasing around 5% of the state owned company to the public.
Now, under rules governing listings, State owned companies are not allowed onto the London stock market (for many very good reasons) but the FCA have ripped up the rule book for this particular IPO which given Saudis questionable Human Rights record is quite frankly amazing but we are really scrapping around for trading partners and 'good news' with Brexit on the horizon. There is also something about the UK guaranteeing the value of the float to the tune of £2bn (The £1m seems peanuts then right?).
There are many reasons why the IPO happening in London should be a concern but I won't go into them here.
But essentially, the ads are somewhat of a charm offensive by the Crown Prince who, with his supposed 'crackdown', could be highly destabilising to the whole region and is potentially a very very dangerous person. Everything we hear about Saudi over the coming months should be treated with a lot of caution.
And of course, he's on his way over and wants to ensure protests are kept to a minimum.

Thanks for the info @Pilf thought there must have been something going on.
Thought it a bit strange when the Saudi's suddenly allowed women to drive not long ago, things like this rarely happen without an ulterior motive, now it's apparent what they were up to.

Back