whatsapp error message

pizzaman

hi all,

i have had a message from a mate saying whatsapp messenger is gonna start charging for messaging. i have been told its free to people with more than x amount of sends.

it starts out like a chain message saying if you dont send this to all your contacts you will lose whatsapp. you will be charged £25 per month and the whatsapp symbol goes from green to red

so i think nothing of it until it says have a look at your whatsapp contacts (press the pencil on the top right) it says all people will have an error message. this is true for all of my contacts, those i message and those i dont

so my question now is

is there any truth in this

if anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated.
:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Another hoax see this:

Code:
http://blog.whatsapp.com/index.php/2012/01/it-is-a-hoax-really-it-is/

WhatsApp is going to cost us money soon. The only way that it will stay free is if you are a frequent user i.e. you have at least 10 people you are chatting with. To become a frequent user send this message to 10 people who receive it (2 ticks) and your WhatsApp logo should turn Red to indicate a frequent user.

UPDATE: this is a hoax message as well:

“Whatsapp is shutting down on 28th jan Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of Whatsapp) we have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or whatsapp will no longer recognise your activation. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation from the Whatsapp team”

i got this message form me niece told her not to be so gullible! its been going around for yrs. BUT there has beena problem with whatsapp statuses - i contacted support. So if you get errors its a whatspp problem not someone tryingto tell you fibs. My app was free yrs ago but i know now you have to pay for the app if you dont have it but everything else is free as it works over wifi!
If you remember every now and again you get a similar one from facebook MSN and other social media sites- people trying to scare us that our lives will end lol! sorry. If in doubt check here or the likes of hoax-slayer

plus how can they charge you £25 to your monthly bill - if you dont have one???? they dont know what contracts people have got or how they pay for thier whatsapp. AS its over wifi they going to charge your ISP ? and how they going to find that out.!!!
like the fb privacy thing just scaremongering!

Last edited:
I'm appauled to see so many of my friends fall for the hoax messages lol.

It's just a technical fault and the Whatsapp technicians are working on it. (Whatsapp Twitter account)

Dan you n me both. The amount of poop i get on fb that people just share without even using thier brains - lets face it if its on fb or any other social network site its gotta be true rite???? and yes i know i spelt right wrong lol! but lots of my "friends" cant spell or read -which is why they just copy n paste poop!!!! LOL

Back